Churchwork,

I must say that I am shocked and appalled that you would post such slander against those who are labeled by others as Calvinists. ALL FOUR of your posts presented here are attacking straw men and do not represent anything that I believe. I am a Reformed Christian, and a member of the Westminster Fellowship (you can google it) which is a Reformed Christian Society, I am a member of the Presbyterian Church in America. I have been a Reformed Christian for the last 5 years when God revealed to me in His Word the amazing doctrine of Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork
They really do despise that God can predestinate by foreknowing our choice. They have no faith to believe God is all-knowing to have this ability. So instead the calvinist believes the person needs to be preprogrammed long before to be saved - this is what they mean by "chosen," which is not in the same sense as "chosen" by God predestinating by foreknowledge (Rom. 8.29) of our choice.
I don't despise anything of the sort. I do have faith that God is all-knowing, all-powerful, and almighty. Calvinism does not, and has NEVER declared or stated that you must be "pre-programmed" to be saved. On the contrary, it is by a SUPERNATURAL intervention of God through the Holy Spirit that draws us to Christ. It requires God to literally grab us and take our dead spiritual corpse and renew it and bring it back to life so that we can know the Good things of God.

God does not chose people by looking down the corridor of time to see who would chose him. (See 2 Timothy 1:9; Romans 9:15 - 24; Acts 13:48; John 3; John 15:16) I am bound to the Word of God, not to the words of man.

Please sir, if you disagree with someone and would like to refute them, please do not misrepresent your opponent as you will only hinder your argument.

Prayerfully your brother and servant in Christ,

Missionary