Quote Originally Posted by David Hewitt View Post
Well, the intent was never to be coy or cute. So my apologies if it came across that way.
So far coyness has been your thing. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Here you lost me: What Scriptural principle or command did I violate? I missed it.
The simple matter of being unable to substantiate your belief.

Well, if Calvinism were really what you make it out to be, then I would agree with you. However, whether you realize it or not, you really do not understand what the so-called 5 points of Calvinism really entail.
Oh don't be coy. Make it out to be what?

Being able to quote the doctrines is only a start of course; fleshing them out properly is another thing all together. For example, the Doctrine of Irresistible Grace, or Effectual Calling as it is often called, simply means that when God seeks out to save someone, He does. This is accomplished by causing someone to be born again/regenerated by the Holy Spirit which instantly produces faith in the person by which the person is then justified. Regeneration is not the whole of salvation, and neither is justification; they are both integral parts of it, though, of course. I would be happy to elaborate on that if you like, but it would probably be better to start back up the stream a bit. Effectual Calling is the fourth head of Doctrine, and though one can indeed support it with Scripture in and of itself (such as <a href="http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=john+6%3A37-40&src=esv.org">John 6:37-40</a>) it helps to start at, well, the beginning with anything. Wouldn't you agree? :)
The problem with your irresistible grace theory is that it doesn't give the person the choice and just irresistibly imposes it on a person. Since such behavior is unethical for us towards one another, it would be for your god too showing you that you are not a Christian. What's even worse is your god sends people to hell without any opportunity for salvation. Again, that is Satanic. In Christianity, faith can be freely obtained by anyone; not so in Calvinism.

Hadn't planned on saying anyone isn't saved, but nice to know all the same. :)
How ecumenical of you. That in itself is wrong, and you missed the point. The point is it is wrong to silence the voice of Christians against Calvinism. We should be allowed to freely speak the truth.

Here is something that I cannot understand. For example... Calvin was dead before there was anyone around who would call themselves an Arminian at all. Furthermore, how is it that you can know the status of salvation for anyone? Dr. White readily affirms that salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone by grace alone...so I fail to see why you say what you do or what basis you have for saying it.
Those who rejected John Calvin's beliefs are those who were targeted for execution. That would include Arminians. Arminianism is a belief system before or after Arminius. A person reveals whether they are saved or not: we shall know them by their fruit. If you can't know if someone is saved and who is a member of the body of Christ then you have no fellowship. It is all pretentious. Faith alone and grace alone are to James White not what they are to Christians. These may be freely obtained but to White they are not. They are irresistibly imposed on a person or denied. As Dave Hunt says, What Love is This? God is relational so He enjoys our responses and freely obtaining the water of life. He doesn't have to be like you and your god. Your god really is pathetic.

I understand you don't understand when you said of yourself you: "I fail to see why you say what you do or what basis you have for saying it." However, that contradicts your former statement: "whether you realize it or not, you really do not understand what the so-called 5 points of Calvinism really entail." This is obviously doublespeak. The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8). Just know you don't have a conscience to see what Christians can see because you are not born-again. It's impossible for you to see what we can see. Attempting to teach an unregenerate to worship God of the Bible or do good is like trying to teach a dead man. You can't understand. God has not given it to you to be able to. All I can do is continue to encourage you to seek after God with an honest heart and you shall surely find Him. If you don't, then you won't.

A false Christ? I'm afraid I'd have to ask for some documentation of that, and in something other than videos that you have produced. :) It is also interesting to note that you use the terminology of being "quickened by the Holy Spirit." That's called "regeneration" in some circles, and indeed, it is something that the Holy Spirit does. :D
But this is something the Holy Spirit has not done for you because God does not save that way you want Him to. He won't save you being selfish.