Thread: 7 Reasons Why God Exists!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DD2014 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nottheworld View Post
    God of the Bible can't create something bigger than Himself, for that would not be all powerful, but illogical, for nothing can create something bigger than itself.

If God can't do it, he is not God. Because God is able to do anything (or so he claims).

You're not too bright are you Nottheworld?

Blog Entries

Wink

Mathematically that is a impossible, because you can't make something more infinite than infinite. That's funny. You're contradicting yourself. I don't know what god you are speaking about, sounds like a fantasy god, but the One True God can't do anything. Can He make a square circle? Can he make a married bachelor? Nor can God go against His reality and the law of infinity of His uncreated life and His righteousness and holiness, for it is not in His nature to do so.

Still think you are bright eh? Think how dumb you are. You think God can't be God because He can't make a square circle. Atheists get dumber every day.:D

MystryBox Guest

This is MystryBox who was quoted in the above post. I still stand by my previous short replies... whatever explanations theists might propose they have no actual evidence for their claims.

Also I'll expand a bit in #3: "Something can’t come from nothing" as that seems to be an often repeated notion on this sub-forum...

I don't think the non-theist position is something came from nothing. Obviously the universe has some explanation, however the honest answer is nobody knows, not the caricature "something came from nothing." If you want to get into speculation (which obviously you do as you're proposing a speculation called "God"), let's speculate... I'm no expert but the law of conservation of energy tells us energy is not created nor destroyed but merely changes forms. So from that we surmise the initial formation of the universe (The Big Bang or whatever) was a changing of form of energy that already existed. It wasn't something from nothing, it was the changing of form of what had already existed (and what had always existed).

Thread Information