This is MystryBox who was quoted in the above post. I still stand by my previous short replies... whatever explanations theists might propose they have no actual evidence for their claims.

Also I'll expand a bit in #3: "Something can’t come from nothing" as that seems to be an often repeated notion on this sub-forum...

I don't think the non-theist position is something came from nothing. Obviously the universe has some explanation, however the honest answer is nobody knows, not the caricature "something came from nothing." If you want to get into speculation (which obviously you do as you're proposing a speculation called "God"), let's speculate... I'm no expert but the law of conservation of energy tells us energy is not created nor destroyed but merely changes forms. So from that we surmise the initial formation of the universe (The Big Bang or whatever) was a changing of form of energy that already existed. It wasn't something from nothing, it was the changing of form of what had already existed (and what had always existed).