Quote Originally Posted by Sami
"Doug Yancey became threatening asking why I won't give him my name or where I live. He said "what am I afraid of," and when I received another e-mail from him this morning I Googled his name which led me here.

I have instructed him where to find the historical facts of Smith which he refuses to acknowledge and he claims he has a litany of study resources at hand. I'm sure only what is authorized by the LDS.

I said he has been indoctrinated and he replied he had not. I pointed out that was the same as an alcoholic saying "I'm not an alcoholic" which only served to make him more angry.

I'm curious to see what your other dealings have been with him,that is a scary bunch!

I ask in the name of our glorious LORD and savior, Jesus Christ.

Thank you
Sami, the posts in this thread above "Why Doug Yancey is Going to Hell" and "It's Not Too Late for you Doug" sum up the problem. Basically, he avoids the central issue come hell or high water. When you discuss these specific points which is how Christians know Mormons and LDS are not Christians, he refuses to reply or says something vague in response. When discussing other issues he will send you a link very impersonally as thought that somehow solves the problem, like you said, his resources are only LDS sponsored. He doesn't know how to think outside the box.

Doug Yancey only believes the Bible insofar as it agrees with him and his cult (it is not inerrant to him). Walter Martin often stated this phrase about Mormons and LDS. This is classic cultic behavior. The Bible was not lost on us for 18 centuries. A loving God provides His word, His word never changes and does not take time off or get lost in the catacombs of history until Joseph Smith arrived.

Do not think Joseph Smith received revelation or vision from an angel. He simply made it up. There were 200 books, part of the culture of his day, that were already teaching the things Joseph Smith formed into a religion. Joseph Smith is a liar of liars, hardly new revelation, for revelation is new and doesn't disagree with previous revelation of Scripture.

Oh pride of man who loves his self-exalted special ideas and doublespeak which contradicts itself and God's word! Crazy is a crazy does.

There are 66 books of God's word. Period! 6 is the number of Satan and 6 is the number of man because man loves Satan's ways. The Bible is the redemptive design separating and breaking apart that union of Satan and man.