Quote Originally Posted by Scriptur View Post
What does the Bible provide as evidence? Observe the proof the Bible gives. It first establishes God exists by telling us to observe nature. Nature always has a cause and effect, so it always comes from something. It never comes from nothing, for that which doesn't exist can't produce anything. Nor can the universe always have existed because you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so. Therefore, nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space. And this is whom we call the uncreated Creator or God.
You see, that doesn't sway me in the least. If I write a book saying that there's a little green man in my closet who created everything, and then I go on to talk about how something can't come from nothing and so, obviously, it must have been my little green man, and that without my little green man, the universe would have always existed and therefore you would have already existed, that doesn't make my argument any more valid or true.

Now that you know God exists by way of proof of the Bible, can we prove the One True God is Jesus? Certainly. Over 99% of scholars who do their primary work on analyzing the resurrection claim of Jesus testify that the disciples truly believed in their heart of hearts that they had seen Jesus alive from the dead, touched, talked with, even ate with him after he died on the cross.
I'm not sure how they can testify that the disciples believed this, seeing as they're not around to ask. Even if they did believe, that's not proof, that's 12 uneducated guys from 20 centuries ago agreeing on something.

Therefore, you would need to find a naturalistic explanation to account for this, because those scholars have exhausted all possibilities. This is how you can know Jesus is God and salvation is through Him alone, that there is no other name under heaven by which one can be saved.
Just because we don't and may never know what created the universe doesn't mean we should throw our hands up and say "Well I guess it must've been God."