Christopher uses an unethical tactic of making noise in the background with slight offhanded comments and shuffling papers and talking to the moderator while D'Souza is speaking for only 5 minutes. But I forgot, Christopher is an atheist so that behavior is perfectly acceptable.

When did Christopher get cancer?
Because D'Souza totally destroyed Hitchens and perhaps that's why you see so many cattle calls by Christopher in the background while Dinesh is speaking.

A June 2006 profile on Hitchens by NPR stated: "Hitchens is known for his love of cigarettes and alcohol — and his prodigious literary output." However in early 2008 he gave up smoking, undergoing an epiphany in Madison, Wisconsin. His brother Peter later wrote of his surprise at this decision.

It was while writing his self-indulgent memoir Hitch-22 that he resumed smoking cigarettes and continued until his cancer diagnosis. Hitchens admits to drinking heavily; in 2003 he wrote that his daily intake of alcohol was enough "to kill or stun the average mule", noting that many great writers "did some of their finest work when blotto, smashed, polluted, shitfaced, squiffy, whiffled, and three sheets to the wind". Just ask the question, would Jesus do that? I guess what you consider inspired would not be inspired material by a Christian.

Who is the mule exactly? I think God's mercy was upon Hitchens from not having cancer when Hitchens stopped his prolific and gluttonous acquiescence to sin, but when Hitchens resumed his waywardness, cancer is a very reasonable consequence to Hitchens destroying his own body which God says to treat as a temple like the temple in the old testament. The Holy of Holies represents our spirit, the Holy Place our soul and the outer court our body.

Does Hitchens still reject the existence of sin even after all this? Delusion is a terrible thing. There is very little mention of sin in his writing if any really. One atheist once said, that when society did away with the notion of sin it inevitably crumbles.

Personally, what I liked about this debate was watching Christopher's face in background cringe and suffer immeasurably listening to the very strong points made by D'Souza.

For 100,000 years there was savage man. Then about 4000 years ago it was as if some transcendent being leaned into the world by breathing a message [monotheism] or soul into man, and suddenly savage man became biblical man.