Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
Why does the God of the Bible trump the god of gnosticism?

Compare God of the Bible who does not leave His creation unattended, for that would be unrighteous, unholy and evil.
The God of the Bible does leave His Creation unattended. From A&E eating some fruit, to the Israelites being conquered by the Chaldeans, to the creation of the HIV virus, the God of the Bible has been notoriously absent. He didn't stop the Holocaust or the creation of nuclear weapons, and He didn't explain why the burning of fossil fuels is immoral. He didn't even say that slavery was immoral.
The God of the Bible is utterly absent from human history. There are plenty of humans claiming to speak for Him, but He Himself is utterly absent.

But the god of deism says he left his creation unattended.
The god of deism doesn't say that. The god of deism doesn't say anything.

I believe in God, myself. I believe in a god which is Perfect, Eternal, and Changeless.

Such a god is more like gravity than a human being. Nothing is left unattended, but such a god isn't limited like the God of the Bible is. God doesn't "want" anything, or "plan" anything. God cannot be thwarted by sapient molecules on a little planet. God doesn't care about anything, doesn't do anything, God just Is. God doesn't need a Bible or a Resurrection or worship, God isn't even aware of such human minutae.

The righteousness of the God of the Bible trumps the god of gnosticism for a righteous God would not let an evil god to create us.
Gnosticism is not the same as deism.

And while I don't claim to know what the term "gnosticism" refers to, precisely, the God of the Bible is demonstrably evil. That I can show, by quoting the Bible Itself.

He planted a Tree in the Biblical garden of Eden that caused all the evil in Creation.

Tom