Quote Originally Posted by Churchwork View Post
I am aware of both meanings so you are mistaken. For today's English I think the word "Apologist," "Apologetics" and "Apologizer" are words that are not appropriate for Christians defending the faith for the various many reasons given above. That's what the Holy Spirit put on my heart to say. I am sure we can come up with a better word than one that sounds like apologizing.

Satan came up with denominations which sound like demonations. There are no denominations in the Bible and no apologizers. Satan is always playing with words to twist things. He brings in Santa Claus. Rearranging the letters gets us Satan Lucas. It's subliminal. Next thing you know the KJV is confusing Hell for Hades and KJV Onlyists are saying you throw Hell into Hell (Lake of Fire)? Calvinists try to highjack justification by faith and turn it calvinism by calling it the Reformation. The deception goes on and on.

Each of these passages tells us to reason with and defend our faith: Acts 17:2, 17; 18:4, 19; 19:8-9; 24:25; 1 Timothy 1:16; 1 Peter 3:15

You attack denominations when you yourself have formed a denomination or are part of one. Hilarious. Santa Claus is a kids story, who, over the years of the Church not preaching the Gospel has sort of hijacked the whole purpose of Christmas to children. HOWEVER, most people don't celebrate Christmas anyways because of two things, (1) it is Christ's Mass, I am not Roman Catholic so I don't celebrate that, and (2) most people use it as an excuse to get together for a family gathering. “Rearranging the letters” what? Subliminal? What are you talking about? What does all of this have to do with the OP? Absolutely nothing. It is you are committing what is called “Information Dumping” which is to overwhelm thread with too many topics that don't really deal with anything but are incendiary or attention catchers...

Paul disagrees with you, and so you may want to reconsider your opinion that this is what “The Holy Spirit put on your heart” because it goes counter to the Word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Peter 3:15 (Koine Greek)
15 κύριον δὲ τὸν Χριστὸν ἁγιάσατε ἐν ταῖς καρδίαις ὑμῶν, ἕτοιμοι ἀεὶ πρὸς ἀπολογίαν παντὶ τῷ αἰτοῦντι ὑμᾶς λόγον περὶ τῆς ἐν ὑμῖν ἐλπίδος...

The Greek word above, ἀπολογίαν, which is translated in the E.S.V. as “defense” is phonetically pronounced Apologia.

To Apologize is to render a defense for something. To argue what you are with denomination and demonation is called the logical fallacy of “Euphemism”.

It is entirely appropriate to do Apologetics.

I would caution you from listening to any “new” revelations from God, as his recorded Word as contained in the 66 books of the Bible are entirely sufficient and all that is given to us to use for learning about God and living the Godly life.