Quote Originally Posted by Nottheworld View Post
"Historicism stands in contrast to Preterism, Futurism and Idealism"
Hence, historicism includes your view: amillennialism. I know preterism is not called historicism in some circles, but I throw it in anyway,.....
But that is what blinded you to the original post.
I described a 20th century church split into basically 2 groups.
Partial preterists (like most Presbyterians, Roman Catholic and Orthodox who believe that virtually all of Revelation after chapter 3 was fulfilled in the first century)
And futurists such as yourself who believe that virtually none of it will be fulfilled until some future someday.
And that each must consider the other to be virtually 100% in error, yet each is as adamant as the other, that the other is in error.
Stunningly both must necessarily believe that it is an impossibility that Mohammed could be the false prophet of Revelation, because of the eschatology they hold.

Preposterously, my continuous historic view that places Islam and Mohammed right in the middle of end-time prophecy as the beast and the false prophet, using sound hermeneutic principles, has been lumped in with Roman Catholics of all people, who are taught that antichrist Muslims worship the same God as Christians. Indeed a religion that shares many parallels with Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottheworld View Post
....... because they treat the book of Revelation mostly fulfilled.