Quote Originally Posted by gubei
I believe every posters here including me, in a sense, received revelations from God, but which does not necessarily mean that all the posters here are apostles. I mean getting revelation is not a sufficient condition for being an apostle.

Could you please elaborate on the qualification of an apostle?
Revelations from God only occur if you have the Holy Spirit indwelling. Obviously, non-Christians can't have that kind of revelation.

Yes, it is true if God has chosen one as an Apostle, that is the only requirement, for it is not by appointment or special gift or work. This is what distinguishes being an Apostle from an Evangelist (gift of evangelizing) or Prophet (gift of prophecy) or Teacher (gift of teaching).

Now who is an Apostle? Well to confirm someone is an Apostle when they admit they are Apostles you would hold nothing against them, for you would observe them they are not falsely teaching something like Calvinism or modalism or deification or amillennialism or young earth creationism or adding books to the 66 books of the Bible or other strange such things. Nor would an Apostle be teaching non-biblocality.

For example, Watchman Nee, an OSAS Arminian, was an Apostle. He was correct in acknowledging the 200 Apostles in his day in China.

Witness Lee, a Calvinist, was not even born-again. He was a false Christian, someone the Bible warns against, the unsaved tares trying to look like the saved wheat in his little harlot teaching modalism and deification.

This is why it is a sin for the Calvinists to try to marry these two men.