Quote Originally Posted by Marquis Naryshkin View Post
You seem to misunderstand something. It doesn't drop because you let go of it, but rather because of the propensity of two objects with mass to move closer to one another, proportional to the distance from each other.
Both statements are true, for if you were still holding the ball, it would not drop. The point of this exercise is to show there is cause and effect in all things in nature as you wanted an example and you can't find anything that is without a cause. This gives glory to God, because if nothing happens all by itself then the ultimate cause must be that which is uncaused who would be God of the Bible since none can compare to Christ. Alas, I am repeating myself which falls on deaf ears.
But it doesn't really give any examples. I know Brownian motion is the cause of diffusion(and you lead me to think that you don't, which speaks poorly of your knowledge of modern science), but I don't see why your god is better than all the others. I'm sorry, but you can't just say "because I said so," and leave it at that. All that Christianity has in its favor is a book that's somehow right because it says that it's right. There are no contemporary records of Jesus kept by other sources(and the Romans were notorious for detailed records). Why wouldn't they keep records of your god?
Where did I say Brownian motion is not the cause of diffusion? You asked for an example of something in nature, and I gave you the example of a ball dropping to show something in nature not happening all by itself, and neither you nor I can find a thing in nature that happens all by itself. To think otherwise, speaks poorly of your knowledge of reality and science and need for evidence.

I don't say God of the Bible is better than some god, but it is proven. That is why by comparison it can always be shown. Why misrepresent the Christian position? The Bible does not say it is right because it says it is right. Not at all. It first proves itself, by showing you that nothing in nature happens all by itself; hence, the ultimate cause is the uncaused who is God of the Bible since none can compare to Christ.

Altogether we have 45 early contemporary sources, 17 of which are non-Christian. When you place this next to the documentation of the emperor of Rome who died the same time Jesus died, you find that Jesus is documented four times more within say the first 150 years of their deaths. Nobody in antiquity is more well documented than Jesus and with papyrus still preserved so close to the events that took place. The Iliad's, for example, earliest preserved document that still exists is over a thousand years after their alleged events. Our earliest known papyrus from Scripture is from 95 to 105 AD (see Case for Faith and Case for Christ by Lee Strobel).

Why would Tacitus, Roman historian, and other Roman historians write about Jesus? Why would they be excluded from writing about any subject? Well, for one thing, it was the Romans who put Jesus to death at the request of the Jews so some record is in order. Secondly, since some in Rome considered Jesus a threat like Nero, they would blame Christians though falsely for burning Rome despite no motivation.
Errrr, I don't have a faith(lacking belief in your god or any god[unless infants have a faith since birth]). Also, my reason for being an atheist is that there is not any scientific evidence for a god out there. Radioactive-dating methods deny the account of creation in your bible, physics explains the big bang, biology has evolution (which is accepted fact everywhere but the US), and I don't find anything wanting.
Infants don't have faith, so the Bible calls this the time before the age of accountability when one becomes responsible for their thoughts and choices. You do have faith; your faith is in your idol or god of atheism which you use to keep you eternally separated from God in which you assume God does not exist though you have no reason for your blind faith.

I've already given you the scientific finding in which we can cite trillions of things that have a cause in nature, but we can't find one thing that is without a cause. Radioactive-dating does not deny the account of creation in Bible. Since you don't show it, then why rely on mindless self-declaration? Because like Satan you need no reason either in your proclamations which is selfish. That biology has evolution does not go against Scripture; why say so? Where's your reason? The problem with evolution is that it is just a limited teaching, for it can't explain what came before the first biological creature. That's why we go to the 4 Step Proof for God of the Bible which is more encompassing. What I find wanting with evolution is just this: when trying to determine if God exists, evolution is a tool that is lacking, because it does not address what came before the first creature with a helix and bacteria.

The Big Bang agrees with the Bible for Gen. 1.1 does not say how long God took to create. Gen. 2.7 says our bodies were formed from dust, though again, the time frame is not specified. We know that time to be 13.7 billion years scientifically speaking. In other words, God does not place great emphasis on the time, but that we know it was a long long time to create man in God's image 6000 years ago. However, one things you can say of the length of time is the wondrous patience God has.
Why can none compare to Christ? What's so horrid about Mohammed? He came later? If that's your argument, Buddha lived and taught 500 years before Christ was even born, and Hinduism existed centuries before THAT.
It is not the time of a person's existence for their cause of their truthfulness or untruthfulness. What a silly idea to bear false witness.

Mohammed contrived his religion, and this is proven by the fact that over 600 years later he said Jesus never died. Since all the documentation we have points to Jesus dying on the cross and nobody in the first century saying otherwise, then Mohammed does not have a leg to stand on. We must conclude then that his contrived religion was devised in hostility to God of the Bible, and he is going to hell.

Buddhism and hinduism are false because you are not going to come back as a chicken or a dog if you sin and receive endless chances to be a human being again, back and forth like a yoyo without real consequences. You get this one life to come to the cross and to believe in God. Even some person on some remote island who never read the Bible (the 66 books) or heard of it could still be saved if he looked up at the mountains and stars and believed in the Creator. Surely, if presented the Word of God, he would accept Christ as his Lord and Savior.

Buddhism also makes no commentary on an uncreated creator, thus shutting the person's mind down to the uncreated creator for selfish idol worship of gods that the flesh indulges itself and which remain a point of separation from God.
Wait, what? God only made us in his image if you go by your book(which has no corroborating evidence, unless you'd like to show it to me). And what's this random bit about Calvinism? I don't agree with the theology, but it makes sense that if your god's omniscient then certain people are just going to go to hell regardless, as god's predetermined their actions by knowing them before they occur.
Yes, the Bible provides the proof which is when you look at all creatures you would be hard pressed to shut your mind down to the fact that humans are quite unique for what we can do compared to all the creatures of the earth is vast. This is the proof to know we are made in God's image. Similarly, you can say, because we have a spirit of God-consciousness (mankind throughout all ages continues to worship) and other creatures do not, this too points to mankind as uniquely made in God's image. So, you are without excuse. Consider these points corroborating evidence.

Entering the point of calvinism as false is not a random comment but most applicable, because calvinism teaches a similar idea to the one you presented that you have to be saved first to be able to believe and believe in the proof of God in the 4 Step Proof. I think you contradict yourself when you said, "I don't agree with the theology, but it makes sense". Why do you disagree with things that you think make sense? However, it does not make sense for the very reason that God does not predetermine robots, but predestinates by foreknowing our free-choice: a conditional election, unlimited atonement, resistible grace, for preservation of the saints. When someone chooses not to be saved, they are going to hell, but don't think God premade them this way, for they are sovereign beings, with their own volition. Don't blame God for your choice to go to hell. In fact, nobody needed to go to hell after Adam, because everyone could have been saved if everyone like Abel gave a right freewill offering instead of an offering of their flesh like Cain.

This is not so complicated, but realize your flesh will spin its wheels come hell or highwater. That is the nature of the flesh to go on a rampage in mental gymnastics to maintain hostility and separation from God. Your flesh is the sin of your body and self of your soul. Who is the one whom you are following? Satan is working behind the scenes and totally owns you. Without an appreciation for this fact, you will remain lost in the matrix of the world under the god of this world who is Satan.