"And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake" (Acts 6.10). I think this means they could not win the arguments.

But check out verse 11 and 12. "11 So they persuaded some men to lie about Stephen, saying, 'We heard him blaspheme Moses, and even God.' 12 This roused the people, the elders, and the teachers of religious law. So they arrested Stephen and brought him before the high council."

The very men who could not resist, resisted by persuading others to lie about Steven. So then other people like the teachers of religious law arrested Stephen. Apparently they could not resist either (I'm being facetious). They could not resist arresting Stephen. It's all a charade.

Acts 7.51 Peter says, “You stubborn people! You are heathen at heart and deaf to the truth. Must you forever resist the Holy Spirit? That’s what your ancestors did, and so do you!" Oh my! They can resist after all whence before they could not resist. Case shut and closed! (again, I am being facetious).

"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Heb. 10.29).

He were see resisting the Spirit of grace, but Calvinism teaches irresistible grace.