Re: AtlantiansAnAlteran
http://www.youtube.com/user/AtlantiansAnAlteran

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantiansAnAlteran
A proper rendering of this verse could be: "No one has the ability to come to me except the father who sent me draws him to me..."
Can not = not able.
Translating dunatai as "can not" means the same thing as "is not able".
They both mean that "no one" has the ability, can, or otherwise haws the power to come to Jesus... except if they are drawn by the father who sent Him.
God draws everyone not just some so for someone to be called they first must be drawn, but sadly Calvinists "draw back unto perdition" (Heb. 10.39). God provides us all with sufficient grace, thus drawing us all, but sadly many refuse to respond to that drawing. None can be saved unless God draws, but nowhere does this verse say everyone drawn is then saved. Wake up!

actually it says exactly that:
"No one has the ability to come to me except the father who sent me draws him to me and I will raise him on the last day."
There is direct unbroken continuity between him who is drawn and him who is then raised.
No one is able to come apart from the drawing. The one who is drawn is raised up by the son on the last day.
For the record, I am a Calvinist. And I am saved because God called me to Himself and gave me the ability to have faith in Him.
When it says "except the father draws him" it is not saying everyone drawn is saved. Though it is true a person needs to be drawn by the sufficient grace of God for all men, in no way does this suggest a person who is drawn is irresistbly forced into salvation for many "draw back unto perdition" (Heb. 10.39) such as yourself. God never called you because you refuse to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. That's why you are going to Hell. How sad for you.

Before you can use your free will God has to create you; before you can receive Christ God must draw everyone for unless God draws everyone, then grace is not sufficient for all. If grace is not sufficient for all, then you would be worshiping an evil spirit, not God of the Bible at all. Think how evil it would be for God to let children drown without doing all He could to save them. How can God's morals be less than our own? Satan acts completely contrary to God's way of doing things.