Quote Originally Posted by Robert Harris
You re still in trouble. Accusing falsely! I am saved! The trouble is your understanding--the unrighteous have never learned the way of righteousness--thus the saved who have learned the way of righteousness, but turn from it after knowing it--are the ones which 2 Pet. 2:21 is talking about!!!
You're still accusing falsely and still not a child of God because you are unwilling to repent and believe in the God who can and will keep you, but instead worship a god who gives you an "out-clause" to go to Hell. You didn't divest of yourself into the God who gives eternal life eternally, but still cling to your self-strength to try to save yourself by works and boast of it like every other religion does except Christianity. Man even wants to save himself in things of God. What vanity!

You are the unrighteous, you have learned the way of righteousness just as I once did but turned from it, yet you still refuse God's way of righteousness, whereas I am now saved. Just as you can be born physically only once, you can only be born spiritually once. Just as you can enter the old creation only once, you can only be a new creation at new birth only once. I know you don't trust in God's infinite foreknowledge to be able to do this, but just know that God has the foresight not to give someone His life if He would then have to take it away. How strange that would be to have gained and lost eternal live dozens of times. That's your god of works you fashion in your own image, like someone who tries to start up a business, goes bankrupt, tries again, goes bankrupt, tries again and goes bankrupt again. Each and every time, you still had a bankrupt spirit.

Who claims to keep themselves saved against a God who is eternally greater than you but the prideful man? Thus, the unsaved who have come close to God have known the way of righteousness, but turn from it after knowing it. They are at the door, even enjoying the outdoor gathering, but they don't enter in (their inner man is still dead to God). They are the ones which 2 Peter. 2.21 is talking about! Their Hell is going to be worse than most, because you have been given so much grace and still want to be saved another way. Your condition is most decrepit. My prayers go out to you, you don't have to remain as you are as you keep self-exalting yourself over others who are not as strong as you are to keep yourself. Calvinists persevere for wrong reasons also. Not because they believe they can lose salvation, but because they are not sure if they are saved to begin with, since it was never their choice. Just as you have never made a choice for God who can keep, you work to try to keep yourself to hope you can keep holding on with your version of faith. Both are false, not members of the body of Christ. They both totally missed the salvation God offers us.