If Calvinism is true then Luther, in The Bondage of the Will, would be right that God is "taunting and mocking" the Jews. According to Luther and Calvin, Christ said something like this to the Jews:

You must believe on Me as the bread of God come down from heaven to give life unto the world. But you lack the ability to believe unto salvation, and My Father is only going to give that ability to some of you.

By "world," of course, I really mean "elect." Though no one recognizes that yet, one day it will be revealed through a mystery religion in a system called Calvinism.

I fulfilled the Levitical sacrifices which the priests ate for all of Israel to eat of my flesh and drink of my blood, so here are my two opposing wills in which I provided sacrifices for all because I want all to be saved but actually I don't. It is not for you to understand why I contradict myself, so that you too may contradict yourself and not need to have to justify it adequately to others or yourself because you are in Me and I in you. This is how I want you to behave. I want you to live in this eternal state of contradiction and be a testimony to this contradiction to others [i.e. Satan is the author of confusion].

If you don't believe on Me, you will perish in your sins. Of course, you can't believe on me unless my Father causes you to, and He gives that grace to only a select number.

You naively think the gospel is a real offer of salvation, but in fact, it is intended the better to damn you. You couldn't believe on Me if you tried.

Come, you wretches, come. These are the terms. But you are so totally depraved that you can't come to Me except My Father regenerates you and gives you the faith to believe. And He has already decided in a past eternity (for reasons hidden in His unexplainable two opposing wills, and for His glory) that He will only do that for some but not all of you.

But you are all held accountable anyway. Yes, He could cause all of you to believe in Me, but it is His good pleasure to rescue only some from hell. An don't think I'm going to die needlessly for those of you whom My Father has predestined to eternal destruction as reprobates-that would be a waste of my blood. I will die only for the sins of the elect.

Some Calvinists willingly admit that the real issue is "whether...God desires the salvation of all men." Most Calvinists, though, insist that God has no such desire. MacArthur, the confused person that he is and convicted by this problem of Calvinism, says God desires the salvation of all but decrees the salvation of only some (MacArthur Study Bible) even though He can do anything He desires, that is, He can decree anything He desires.

Others say that God has two wills (similar to MacArthur), one to save all and the other to damn multitudes-and the latter somehow overcome the former, contrary to TULIP's Irresistible Grace.

If God could by His power bend anyone and everyone's heart "to the obedience of Christ" without any desire on their part, why doesn't He do it for all? And why didn't He do this for Adam and Eve at the very beginning, and thereafter for all their descendants? Why needlessly create sin and foreordain man to be its slave, bringing horror of evil and suffering that would plague billions-and then save only some when all could be rescued? Why would God cause Adam and Eve and all mankind to sin, and then punish them for doing what He caused them to do? This is not what the Bible teaches (and conscience rises up against it), but this is Calvinism.

In support of this abhorrent doctrine, Calvin quotes Augustine: "It cannot be doubted that the will of God (who hath done whatever he pleased in heaven and in earth...) cannot be resisted by the human will...." [Institutes of the Christian Religion.] So in breaking the Ten Commandments, men are not resisting God's will but fulfilling it! This unbiblical belief created the appalling dogma that everything happening on earth, including all wickedness-even of the grossest nature-is willed by God. How could it be otherwise, if man can do nothing contrary to God's will?

Thus Calvinism leads to fatalism and passivity (which induces evil spirits to gain strongholds in your mind), from which come both predestination to damnation without the choice and Irresistible Grace. It makes nonsense of the prayer "Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matt. 6.10), if God is the cause of all, as Calvinists insist.