A passage used most frequently and with greatest confidence by Calvinists is John 6.37,44: "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me.... No man can come to me, except the Father...draw him...."

Of course "enablement" of God is essential not just for coming to Christ but for anything a saved or even unsaved man does--even to draw a breath. Enablement, however, is far from irresistible enforcement causing man's action. Should you claim grace is irresistible? To help someone is not to irresistibly force them. We help people to do what they desire to do; without such desire on their part, such "help" would be coercion!

The troubling tendency is the apparent lack of sympathy for the lost among Calvinists. And how could it be otherwise? They wouldn't dare to have sympathy for those whom God has been pleased to predestine to eternal doom.

Such a theory logically leads to apathy towards evangelism, though many Calvinists do not succumb to the practical consequences of their belief, but to be concerned would be to complain against God for predestining them to their just fate. But the conscience God has placed within even the ungodly condemns such an attitude.

Yet the Calvinism God does not love the lost enough to save them all? He lacks sufficient mercy for the lost to give them faith to believe unto salvation--and is even glorified in sovereignly damning so many and saving so few? Could this actually be the biblical God?

God "planned" even their sin? Even the "mistakes of a typist". If this is the God of the Bible, Calvinism is true and you don't have to repent or believe in Christ to be regenerated. If not, Calvinism ought to be condemned for its misrepresentation of God and leading people away from true salvation.