You don't need the knowledge of sin or death or evil to be obedient in the perfect image of God at that time in the garden. It's like a parent saying to their child, "If you eat cookies without permission, I'm going to have to remove from out of your reach the bowl of incense until we lay some rules down in the house." The rules would be the law. And the rules would show the child he can't keep the rules so he realizes that the only solution is to repent and accept the good news about how the boy down the street living in the mansion with many rooms is able to keep the house rules."

Hallelujah!

Do you see how that guy overassumingly and non-humbly jumped a bunch of steps ahead with nothing in between rendering an inaccurate conclusion? God is so merciful. His spirit needs to be quickened by the Holy Spirit. Abel, the son of Adam and Eve, gave right offering. He was saved! Understand that that guy's answer is a reflection of his spiritual condition. I recommend you don't talk to him anymore, even if he is you, because he is lost and has a darkened mind. Let me say it this way: the head is the problem. Put your eye on Christ and grace will enter, and only then will you draw closer to God.