Quote Originally Posted by SealedEternal
You're missing the entire point. The Sabbath is a day of rest. Every Saturday was a Sabbath, but not every Sabbath is not on Saturday. The Jews had "high day Sabbaths" which were on a specific date irregardless of the day of the week.
I understand your point. If I did not, you could show it. I have already acknowledged a High Day Sabbath.

This is a double-negative saying not every Sabbath is on any other day of the week except Saturday, but I think I know what you are trying to say.

The Passover always began on the l4th day of the Jewish month of Nisan.

Leviticus 23:6“On the fourteenth day of the first month at evening is the Lord’s Passover.
Yes, this is already understood.

The 15th is always a Sabbath, no matter what day of the week it fell.

“On the fourteenth day of the first month at evening is the Lord’s Passover. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of the unleavened bread unto the Lord; Seven days you must eat unleavened bread. In the first day (the fifteenth) you shall have a holy convocation; you shall do no secular work therein.”Leviticus 23:5-7
Yes.

On the 15th of Nisan they had a high day Sabbath no matter what day it happened to be. That's where you're confused. You're assuming it is the seventh day Sabbath which it is not.

John 19:31"The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the Sabbath day, (for the Sabbath day was a high day)...."
Yes.

It is the Nisan 15 high day Sabbath being referred to rather than the seventh day Sabbath. You've begun with a false pretext, and that's why you're having trouble comprehending this. I haven't said anything contradictory, you just haven't studied Jewish law. THERE WERE TWO SABBATHS THAT WEEK! That's what I've been trying to explain to you.
I don't doubt there was two Sabbath's that week. That is not the issue, showing you are confused. You are confused because you missed my point altogether. Let me quote me again (understand this),

"The major difference as I see it, and correct me if I am wrong, is that you overassume more than what is there. You overassume Wednesday as passover and Thursday as the Sabbath, yet, Mary went to see Jesus after the Sabbath. Mary did not go to see Jesus on Friday. She went to see Jesus on Sunday morning. You agree with Mary going to see Jesus after the weekly Sabbath, so you contradict yourself with Mary going to see Jesus after the High Day Sabbath."

The Bible does not say two different Sabbath's. We should assume the Sabbaths spoken of are the same sabbaths unless shown otherwise. Therefore, you have the unresolved contradiction as noted in the above paragraph. The only way to resolve this is to accept that the Sabbaths fell on the same day, Saturday, thus making Thursday the day Jesus was ceized in the garden.

This would seem reasonable.

Christ said He would be in the belly of the earth for three days and three nights and He never lies. There's no such thing as "spiritual days" and it is only people with false doctrines who invent such things. We should be leary of people who "spiritualize" Christ's promises, in order to defend their theology.
These are spiritual days as proven by your contradiction. This is powerful because it shows Jesus is saying that He was as good as dead on Thursday. He is telling us, their plan was for his death was sealed on Thursday. Under your system, this is not appreciated. While you are focused on the physical rules man obsesses with, Jesus is showing us something deeper.

This fills up believers spiritually which is more satisfying.