Hi Troy, and everyone who may want to discuss this!

I was wondering where does the idea of female Apostles come from? It was asked of us in our profiles, and I was not sure how to answer this.

The reason why I was unsure of how to answer this is because the bible never speaks of female apostles. In fact, I think Paul talks against women preaching, teaching in the church.

1 Corinthians 14:34 (King James)
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted
unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience
as also saith the law.

Now, from my understanding of this verse it simply states that women are to be silent in church affairs. They aren't to preach, etc. This is why I did not put a check on the 'yes' in the question of 6 apostles that are male and 6 that are female.

Jesus Himself chose for Himself 12 male Apostles. I have always understood that the reason for this, and the reason for women not to be allowed to speak in church is not to be mean or derogatory, but rather to paint the picture. God calls Himself FATHER, Jesus is the Son, and in our own lives both in our church ministry life but also in our married life we are called to do the same thing.

That doesn't mean the women are sub-human or not equal with males. It is just that their roles are different.

In Ephesians 5 it says that:

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

So as the Church (female in the picture) is subject to Christ, so let wives be submit to their husbands.

But then the beauty of it, the picture of just how much Jesus loved us and how God wants us to love our wives, for those of us who are married, I am not:

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Christ loved the Church so much that He died for it, He died for us. That is how husbands are to love their wifes.

So, this is my understanding and this is where I am coming from in trying to answer that question. I find it hard to answer some of the questions, in some cases because I have to study those things more, and in others, because I only agree with parts of it. Or, I only know that I do agree / disagree with one part of it, but not with another part of it. If that makes any sense! :)

At anyrate, this is where I am coming from in asking my question. I just want to understand and learn more.

In Him

PAX