Yes Churchwork, I did say that "Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose's theory that gives proof that the universe was created from nothing."

However, if you refer back to post 5 I thanked you for your correction. If it wasn't clear what I was thanking you for, then I apologize and I will now make it clear. I thanked you for pointing out that the Bible doesn't say that the universe was created from nothing. Those were wise words and I now see the truth of them. I now agree with you. The universe was not created from nothing.

The point I was trying to make about the Hawking - Penrose theory was that it agrees with Bible in the very same as you outlined in post 2 - that the universe cannot be eternal. That there had to be a definite beginning, just as described in the book of Genesis. This is where the theory and the Bible agree. The theory proves that the universe cannot be eternal, exactly as you pointed out and exactly as the Bible says.

So, it looks like Hawking and Penrose got it right, when they said that the universe isn't eternal, but they got it wrong when they said it was created out of nothing. Please note that what they think and what I think are two different things. I've agreed with you about the universe not being eternal and I've agreed with you that it wasn't created out of nothing.

Thank you.

Ibiskos.