Thread: John 1.18 and 1.1 Show That Pre-Existence of People is Not Possible!

Blog Entries

Default John 1.18 and 1.1 Show That Pre-Existence of People is Not Possible!

[Jhn 1:18 KJV] 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

[Jhn 1:1 KJV] 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

T
    hese verses place Jesus solely alone with the Father so there can't be a pre-existence.

Placing us with Jesus in a pre-existence poses the problem of God not being uncreated and debasing Jesus down to our level as being brothers and sisters in a pre-existence.

Blog Entries

[Jhn 8:23 KJV] 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

[Jhn 8:52-53, 55-59 KJV] 52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. 53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? ... 55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw [it], and was glad. 57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? 58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Why are they trying to kill Jesus if He is claiming He existed before Abraham? In Mormonism all existed before Abraham. What's the big deal then?

Thread Information