I was wondering about how humans are created in Mormonism. As I understand it Mormons believe there is an infinite regress of nature, including Gods creating Gods in which God the Father had a Father God and that God had a Father God going back into an eternity of the past regression of cause and effects.

I was told that God the Father and the Goddess Mother had sexual relations because they are human beings in which they produced billions of spirit babies (or spirit adults) from what they call intelligences and pre-existing material. Joseph Smith said as man is God once was and as God is man may become.

These spirit beings are then put into human bodies on earth and other previous planets for an eternity into the past even though the universe is finite, only 13.8 billion years old. Not sure how to reconcile that.

To contrast Christianity, God is not limited by pre-existing matter because that would be an idol exalting matter and time itself over God. So in Christianity God created time and space; space and time and matter did not always exist. Out of God's prerogative God chose to create time, space and matter; therefore God is One Being who transcends all: God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, love, righteous and holy.

And we see the operations of God's being in the Father, Son and Spirit. God was not always Father, Son and Spirit. He manifested Himself to us from the Parts or Persons that make up God to show us how to live and for Jesus to die for us. Persons should not be used to identify God as persons in the human sense for that is limiting God severely; rather Persons is a transcendant term we derive from seeing how God never confuses the 3 Parts or Persons. Since He revealed Himself this way in the Scriptures we must not extend beyond that by shrinking God into 3 beings, nor making God a person with modes. Both miss the mark.