Quote Originally Posted by Troy
Mary is one of the billions of spirit children of God the Father having sex with the Goddess Mother in Mormonism if I understand correctly. And Mary bore Jesus, but two parties had to have sex: Mary and someone else since one of the 3 beings they call God as a composite God (not a monotheistic God) had to have sex since they are physical beings with blood and bone. Isn't that incestuous? How do Mormons get around this problem? After all they said Adam and Eve had sex with other family members because they think they were the only two people on earth 4000 BC so they had no choice which makes it ok. So that is incest isn't it? It is even rape since I am sure Mary would not want to be forced to have sex with her Father. The best explanation I have heard is a Mormon once said to me Jesus was a spirit being in his pre-existence so from being a spirit he was able to enter Mary without having sex with her. Do you think that is a good work around for them so that we have to drop the accusation Mary was incestuously violated? Most Mormon quotes I come across deny Jesus entered Mary as a spirit but they admit God the Father had to have sex with Mary his own daughter which they consider acceptable given the setup of things in their faith.
Bill McKeever wrote, "Troy, your conclusion is correct. Mormon leaders of the past have been very clear on the matter:

“In relation to the way in which I look upon the works of God and his creatures, I will say that I was naturally begotten ; so was my father, and also my Saviour Jesus Christ. According to the Scriptures, he is the first begotten of his father in the flesh, and there was nothing unnatural about it ” (Heber C. Kimball, September 2, 1860, Journal of Discourses 8:211). “The difference between Jesus Christ and other men is this: Our fathers in the flesh are mortal men, who are subject unto death; but the Father of Jesus Christ in the flesh is the God of Heaven” (Messages of the First Presidency 4:329. Citing the Box Elder News, January 28, 1915).

“Now, we are told in scriptures that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God in the flesh. Well, now for the benefit of the older ones, how are children begotten? I answer just as Jesus Christ was begotten of his father. The difference between Jesus Christ and other men is this: Our fathers in the flesh are mortal men, who are subject unto death: but the Father of Jesus Christ in the flesh is the God of Heaven. ...So you see Jesus is the only person who had our Heavenly Father as the father of his body ” (6th President Joseph F. Smith, Family Home Evening manual, 1972, pp. 125,126. Ellipsis mine).

Christ was Begotten by an immortal Father in the same way that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers ” (Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p. 547).

“And Christ was born into the world as the literal Son of this Holy Being; he was born in the same personal, real, and literal sense that any mortal son is born to a mortal father . There is nothing figurative about his paternity; he was begotten, conceived and born in the normal and natural course of events, for he is the Son of God, and that designation means what it says” (Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 1966, p. 742).