Quote Originally Posted by Troy
Why do you have a girl's name if you are not female?
"Kay" is gender-neutral... It's not my given name. Since English speakers tend to have a hard time with my given name, I just go by Kay in English forums because it's very hard to mispronounce or misspell something that's only 3 letters long.

Your being awake hardly warrants a discussion of the matter since the Bible says woman was made for man as a "help meet" (Gen. 2.20), not for women.
Help-meet, Hebrew: 'ezer ke-negdo i.e., "a help as his counterpart" = a help suitable to him), a wife. I have no argument that woman is man's complement; however, the context refers more to life's work than to sexual intimacy. I don't mind most Christians interpreting this combination as treating female homosexuality the same way they treat male homosexuality; in fact, while I disagree with said treatment, at least it's paritary.

There is mention of deism in the Bible, for is it not covered under this verse? "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" (Ex. 20.3).
No. Deism is defined in Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary, 1941, as: "(From Latin Deus, God.Deity) The doctrine or creed of a Deist." And Deist is defined in the same dictionary as: "One who believes in the existence of a God or supreme being but denies revealed religion, basing his belief on the light of nature and reason."

The closest thing to Deists that the Bible mentions are the Greek philosophers that Paul has the occasion to preach to at some point; the verse you quote is a command, not a mention... you could say that it covers all other religious beliefs, but even if you consider deism a structured religious belief, which is debatable, it can be argued (and it is argued by some, although I'm not one of them) that the Christian God and the Deist God are the same entity. It certainly IS argued by most proponents of all three religions that the Jewish God, the Christian God and the Islamic God are the same entity (in all three cases, it's the "God of Abraham").

Christians are not to inordinately analyze something for it would cause the person to lose their peace. Once something is shown to be false, further analysis can be quite vain.
This strikes me as a rewording of "Ignorance is bliss".... as an engineer, I can tell you that ignorance eventually ends up giving suboptimal results. I do agree that once something is shown to be false it's usually not worthwhile to keep studying it, however, this is not always the case; for example, science can demonstrate a lot of tribal beliefs to be false, but tribal/traditional medicine is actively studied by anthropologists just in case it found by chance something that medical science has so far missed.

This said, I agree that "inordinately" analyzing something (whether you're a Christian or not; what does that have to do with anything in this case?) is usually a bad idea; if you're analyzing something, it pays to be systematic.