Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edmonton Oilers, Ryan Strome, Jesse Puljujarvi and Tyler Benson

Blog Entries

Todd's odd new line combinations against Winnipeg.

Maroon-McD-Drais
    Lucic-RNH-Slepy
    Jokinen-Strome-Kassian
    Pakar-Letestu-Yamamoto

I am not that thrilled by Caggiula. He is a 1 point 4 games type of player in the regular season and during playoffs so having him out of the lineup due to injury is fine by me. Unfortunately Pakarinen is no better. Slepyshev creates action so I like him with RNH and Lucic. Pakarinen, Caggiula and Slepy are all 1 point in 4 games type of players. So six of one or half a dozen of the other, makes no difference. Oilers are going to continue to be cursed by Gryba since he produces no action, so slow, and he was the 2nd worse player at -5 behind RNH last season. He's never generated a single point in the playoffs his entire career.

Blog Entries

Why did Oilers lose to Vancouver and Winnipeg?

1) defense is weak: Russell, Benning, Nurse, and Gryba. Benning and Russell can't handle 2nd line pairing without Sekera, too much pressure;

2) not a lot of point generators apart from Maroon, McD, Draisaitl, Lucic, and RNH

3) McLellan is a line changing junkie so players never develop chemistry; and

4) the lines are suboptimal.

Solution: 1) maintain optimized and consistency in the lines to develop chemistry, and 2) pray Sekera returns soon to replace Gryba.

Maroon-McD-Drais
    Lucic-RNH-Yamamoto
    Jokinen-Strome-Puljujärvi
    Slepyshev-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
    Sekera-Benning
    Nurse-Russell

Blog Entries

Sekera, Draisaitl, Puljujärvi, Benning, and Caggiula were out of the lineup.

Oilers have 1 win and 3 losses.

I don't see them making the playoffs so I am not going to waste my time watching them anymore, not till the 2018-19 season. There is something wrong with McLellan having 5 days to train and he couldn't have done worse, losing 1-6 against Ottawa.

Get rid of McLellan. They should trade Connor to get a bunch of star players. Or maybe Chiarelli is the problem acquiring Lucic.

These players have to go
    Gryba, Khaira, Pakarinen, Lucic, Jokinen, Letestu, Slepyshev, Russell, Benning, Auvitu, Strome, RNH, Caggiula, Sekera.

Who can stay?

Puljujärvi, Maroon, Kassian, Yamamoto, McD, Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom, Draisaitl.

Completely overhaul the team. Oilers have 3 acceptable defensemen (Larsson, Nurse, Klefbom). They need at least 4 more.

Thread Information