Thread: The NewsUnit Guy is Confused About Identification in Heb. 11.26

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default The NewsUnit Guy is Confused About Identification in Heb. 11.26

NewsUnit Guy Confused About Identification in Heb. 11.26

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCBWcrDMnHk

NewsUnit Guy,

You're funny but wrong. I am not a pastor, so you might listen to me. Everyone can understand this and you. You have just put up a barrier between you and what they knew in the OT. How come you don't know this when they did?

"He thought it was better to suffer for the SAKE OF CHRIST than to own the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking ahead to his great reward" (Heb. 11.26 NLT). For the sake of Christ is equivalent to identification with Christ so what's the problem?

The meaning is the same in the KJV, "Esteeming the REPROACH OF CHRIST greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward."

Moses was already looking to the Messiah. We are saved by the blood of Christ on the doorposts and lintel of our heart, foreshadowing the cross.

You can even go back to Gen. 3.5: "And I will put enmity between thee [serpent] and the woman [body of Christ], and between thy seed [spiritually those who rebel against God] and her seed [Jesus Christ]; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

"In the middle of the garden he placed the tree of life" (Gen. 2.9) which may be freely eaten. The tree of life typifies eternal life received in Christ. Ps. 22 reveals Jesus our suffering servant. Remember the OT is a shadow of things to come. You don't always need explicit references. God wants you to think a bit.

You have angst against the KJV which is not totally unjustified. For example, the KJV confuses Hades/Sheol for Hell. You don't throw Hell into the Lake of Fire for the Lake of Fire is Hell. What else is it but Hell?

And Rev. 5.9 is wrong for it should be "them" not "us". For verse 8 says the 24 elders take up the prayer of the saints. That disqualifies the 24 elders as being the Church. They are rather the 24 archangels administering over the universe. So it is not us, but the angels taking up the prayer of the saints; obviously the saints don't take up our own prayers. The constant talk of "us" in Rev. 5 can feed into pride.

However, I glean from all the major Bible versions so I study the Open Bible. That's proper textual criticism.

Allusions to Christ is the Messiah. All throughout the OT there are allusions to Christ as the Messiah who saves.

Here's 365 Prophecies of Christ (some are very specific, others less so). Don't have a cow over this in your petty self. Let your natural man (petty self) die on the cross with Christ.

http://biblocality.com/forums/showth...nt-of-Prophecy

Jesus said, "If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me" (John 5.46). Do you believe Moses was looking to the Messiah? If not then are you really worshiping the true Jesus? "But since you don’t believe what he wrote [according to Paul in Hebrews], how will you believe what I say?” (John 5.47)

You said, "I know I am saved because I was baptized." Baptism doesn't save you. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the sensation of feeling lie you have died to the world, like you are a sojourner. This occurs after receiving the new birth or born-again. Publically you can then let others know you are in the body by getting physically baptized, but that is entirely optional. It's not required for salvation. You don't know you are saved by baptism. You know you are saved because you accept the gospel of salvation.

Another term for pastors is Shepherds. What is lacking are Apostles for a region of churches who appoint Elders of a church locality. In the NT, there was the church of Jerusalem in the churches of Judea and the church of Antioch in the churches of Syria. Likewise there is the church of Dallas in the churches of Texas. So when someone asks you what church you belong to, don't give the name of a denomination, but name your city. This is a unit of believers however divided should come together and resolve issues. I call this biblocality or Scriptural locality.

The transfiguration is a future state. Moses is still asleep now. Elijah and Enoch were raptured alive but will return as the two witnesses and will die and be raised 3.5 days after they go to rest. There is no party going in Heaven right now. Acts 2.34 says not even David a man after God's own heart is in heaven yet.

I know this may seem like an inadequate answer, but it is what I really believe. I can pinpoint the matter more closely for you like a doctor giving you some tests if you answer these questions at registration.

http://biblocality.com/forums/register.php

You might find this interesting to hear. It is as though you are only half-saved, for you have accepted the ransom Jesus paid for substitution, but you have taken issue with identification which is co-death or co-crucifixion. They are not to be separated.

Search the term ident
    in these two links if you nee to understand this.

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/fleshsalvation.htm (read this about the other side of the flesh you may have overlooked as if only half saved)

http://www3.telus.net/trbrooks/crossholyspirit.htm

You mentioned your "sins have been washed away." The Blood can wash away my sins, but it cannot wash away my `old man'. It needs the Cross to crucify me. The Blood deals with the sins, but the Cross must deal with the sinner (identification), for power over sin, and trust we have indeed died with Christ. You may have misunderstood the full salvation of God for it is not just forgiveness but co-death of your old man (all we inherit from Adam). And your own cross bearing takes place all your life. There are the sins of the flesh that you have died to your old man so they should not be revisited. But there is also the other side of the flesh which attempts to perform good works when it can do no such thing. That takes a life to overcome.

In summary: by seeing both sides of the flesh you might see the Messiah in Gen. 3 and from Moses.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Newsunit guy was asked "Did you come to the cross?" He said "No! I don't even know what the cross is." Christianity without the cross? Wow! He doesn't know Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world, an unlimited atonement?

Of course he doesn't. He is too selfish to come to the cross as a helpless sinner to receive the Lord Jesus as Savior. There you have it, he is not born-again. He is going to Hell.

He said, "these questions are too much." No, they are very simple. They show that he is not born-again and that he is going to Hell, because he admitted he can not make sense at all of any of them even though Scripture is given to back up these questions.

He couldn't even get past the first six words of the first question. Wow! Belligerency might be his favorite sin.

http://biblocality.com/forums/register.php

newsunit said "I may not be born-again because born-again doesn't apply to me" and "I don't need to be born again at all."

It applies to everyone whosoever is willing.

newsunit said, "We've been taught that we are BORN-AGAIN when we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ by a bunch of bible ignorant people who do not study and teach doctrines of men rather than the doctrine of Christ."

Since newsunit admitted he has never been born-again the only other option is he is going to Hell. He's a bad guy. He calls Jesus a liar.

Jesus said, "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again" (John 3.7).

newsunit (drunkfag), you admitted you are a devil since you said "You need a beating man" by you; "that's what devils do to a man." Since you admit you are a devil and admit "devils are dumb," you are admitting you at dumb. "I shall never bend and neither will I budge!"

I know you will never repent and don't want to be born-again that's why you are going to Hell.

You said, "nobody GIVES THEIR LIFE TO CHRIST." I gave my life to Christ as my brothers and sisters in Christ have. Certainly you have never given your life to Christ. You're too selfish to do so.

Here are 54 verses supporting you should give your life to Christ.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Accepting-Christ

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

God wants us to expose frauds and charlatans. "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them" (Eph. 5.11).

Let's sum up this nonsense. If we are Christians we need to rebuke newsunit guy in the name of Holy Trinity the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I can't go to Hell with newsunit guy because I am once saved always saved (John 10.28). Praise the Lord! newsunit guy admits he doesn't want the God who requires you to be born-again. I knew that already. The warning bells have sounded about newsunit guy...

1) Doesn't give his life to Christ (John 6.44).
    2) Was never born-again (John 3.7).
    3) Thinks hell is not the lake of fire (Rev. 20.14).
    4) Apostles don't exist (Eph. 4.11).
    5) Doesn't accept Paul saying Moses identified with Christ (Heb. 11.26).
    6) Rejects Jesus saying if you don't accept Moses, you are rejecting the Lord. Jesus said, "If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because he wrote about me" (John 5.46).
    7) Calling Jesus a liar when Jesus said you must be born again (1 John 5.10). He makes a liar out of newsunit.
    8) Doesn't know what the cross of salvation is.

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins [identification], should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls." (1 Pet. 2.24,25).

Of course that is just the tip of the iceberg. He got no further than the first six words of the first question which were a stumbling block for him. Why? Because he doesn't search God out with all his heart and soul, so that's why he doesn't find Him (Jer. 29.13). Sad really.

http://biblocality.com/forums/register.php (19 questions, 18 more in your profile)

Thread Information