Thread: Witness Lee of the Local Church was Never a Christian

Blog Entries

Default Witness Lee of the Local Church was Never a Christian

Witness Lee never gave his life to Christ.

Blog Entries

That is enormous egotism that Witness Lee's assemblies are the only true assemblies of God. Witness Lee teaches Modalism and claims he is God so that destroys his claim right there. Even if all his teachings were true except this one teaching that only his assemblies are correct, he would still be wrong and not a member of the body of Christ. His profit center Living Stream Ministry would be wrong as well.

Their repetitive screaming mantra replaces reading Scripture. In these ejaculations Lee says all you need is to feast; you don't need to read and doctrine. This is an evil controlling cult. They instill fear to leave for fear of losing salvation.

[1Ti 4:13 KJV] "13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."

[1Ti 4:16 KJV] "16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee."

[Mat 6:7 NASB] "7 And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words."

The only solution is a complete destruction and utter dissolution of LSM. The flesh cannot be refined or repaired. The only true verdict is death. However, we know their flesh will contend come Hell or highwater so look forward to the soon return of Jesus to destroy this evil cult. This cult even has a recovered version of the Bible, edited and changed by Witness Lee. Wow!

Witness Lee says to "close our minds" when you pray read. This is neither prayer nor reading, repeating violently the mantra "I am crucified with Christ" and other phrases. Lee is instilling a violent reaction in his cult members that justifies them suing people who speak against them.

You can't learn when your mouth is in gear. Disengage your mind and see what happens to your mouth. Witness Lee perused the cults of history and wanted something different: sound and fury signifying nothing in repetitive screaming mantra.

Modalism is a Heresy

[2Pe 1:1, 17 NASB] 1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ: ... 17 For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, 'This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased'."

Jesus is called God.

[Jhn 8:58 NASB] "58 Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am'."

[Act 5:32 NASB] "32 And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him."

[Act 5:3-4 NASB] "3 But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back some of the price of the land? 4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not under your control? Why is it that you have conceived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God."

In modalism the Leeist will either be logical (heady) and claim the Father, Son and Spirit can't exist at the same time if all are called God, so they take turns, or the Father becomes the Son and then the Son becomes the Spirit. Or the illogical modalistic Leeist will say they existed at the same time. In either case before creation there were no distinctions in the Modalist Mind.

Sabellius claimed there was only the Father and the Spirit and Son were just manifestations of the Father. Witness Lee said the Father became the Son and then the Son became the Spirit. This is sequential modalism just as false as all other forms of Modalistic thought. The Holy Spirit, according to Lee, is in the process of becoming the church so the church ends up as God. This is not only modalism but it is pantheism. There is no distinction between God and men in the Living Stream Local Church Ministry.

The 3 Persons of the Trinity become the 3 successive steps in the process of God's economy. Step 1 is the Father, Step 2 is the Son, and Step 3 is the Holy Spirit. The last step is the Church becoming God. God the Father when He is among men, He becomes the Son, and the Son becomes the Spirit to come into men. These are 3 stages of one God.

[Jhn 11:41-44 NLT] 41 So they rolled the stone aside. Then Jesus looked up to heaven and said, "Father, thank you for hearing me. 42 You always hear me, but I said it out loud for the sake of all these people standing here, so that they will believe you sent me." 43 Then Jesus shouted, "Lazarus, come out!" 44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, "Unwrap him and let him go!"

That would be odd when Jesus thanked the Father for hearing Him, Jesus really meant thank you to Himself for hearing Himself. That's crazy!

This is not the church in recovery. It is the church of confusion. Witness Lee said the Son is the Father. John 1.1 the Word was Face to Face with God. Who was God face to face with? Is this a cosmic mirror? When you try to remove the distinction of the 3 Persons of the Trinity, you remove the deity of Christ.

Is. 9.6 is not referring to God the Father, but Father is a title along with the other titles listed in this verse.

Hebrew says "the Father or author of the everlasting." Jesus is not the Father everlastingly, but the source or origin of the everlasting.

"And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high" (Luke 24.49).

The promise of the Father on you is the Holy Spirit, not the Father.

"Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear" (Acts 2.33).

The 2nd coming of Jesus is future, it is not the Holy Spirit. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14.3).

"But when the Counselor comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness to me" (John 15.26).

3 Persons are distinctly laid out here.

"I and the Father are one." (John 10.30)

Two distinct Persons. More than one Person. This is far deeper than just a modalistic view.

Witness Lee said "man and God are blended into one." No! Man and God did not comingle, blend, and mingle into one. Mingling is much more than mixing together. It is an intrinsic union. This is not what the incarnation is. Jesus is the 2nd Person of the Trinity, uncreated, and unmingled with the Father; one substance, distinct but not separate.

[Phl 2:6-8 RSV] 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.

This passage explains how Jesus became a man. No mingling. The two natures, human and God, did not fuse.

Witness said, "God intended to take man into Himself." Where does the Bible say that?

Lee does not distinguish between sin and Satan. To him they are one in the same. Satan doesn't indwell your flesh but sin does.

Lee said "God's intention is for man and God be mingled into one." That's why Witness Lee calls himself God. Man inevitably becomes God according to Lee.

Blog Entries

Witness Lee said in speaking of the Church and Christ, "In number we are different, but in nature we are exactly the same." No we are not! We are not God. Nobody has the nature of deity except the Holy Trinity. Nobody will ever be God in eternity except God. There is not a corporate body of people that add up to God.

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Is. 43.10).

Lee said, "The Church is the manifestation of God in the flesh. The Church is the continuation and multiplication of God in the flesh. We are then the increase, the manifestation of the enlargement of God in the flesh. God manifest Himself in the flesh in a wider way" God can get bigger? That's a new one.

God can't mingle His nature with ours for we would be destroyed.
    God is omniscient, omnipresent, infinite. We are finite.

For Lee everyone becomes a God-man mingled with God. They are God-men. There is only one God-man, the God who became man.

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed" (Mal. 3.6).

Therefore, the god of Witness Lee is absolutely and entirely not the God of the Bible. Witness Lee is going to Hell. He died a sinner and an unregenerate.

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Rom.16.17)

Thread Information