Thread: The Bible Says Freewill 17 Times and Whosoever Will 13 Times

Blog Entries

Default The Bible Says Freewill 17 Times and Whosoever Will 13 Times

Is it loving to send a person to Hell before the foundations of the world, never giving the person the grace to have the human ability to accept the Lord?

Since the weight of the evidence is for OSAS Arminian and not Calvinism, then simply try to understand those verses you understand in a Calvinist context into an OSAS Arminian context then you will be good to go!

What does this all mean? It also means than the probability of any one of these individuals is less than 1% of being regenerated a new creation of God.

1. James White is going to Hell
    2. Paul Washer is going to Hell
    3. Charles Spurgeon is going to Hell
    4. Matt J. Slick is going to Hell
    5. Jonathan Edwards is going to Hell
    6. Erwin Lutzer is going to Hell
    7. John F. MacArthur is going to Hell
    8. John Piper is going to Hell
    9. R.C. Sproul is going to Hell

This is not a very comprehensive list. Half of Methodists are Calvinists. Presbyterians are going to Hell.

The atonement of Calvinism was not powerful enough to save everyone, only able to die for some; and not that everyone is saved for it still depends on whosoever will.

We at least know whom not to break bread with.

God so loved the world. It does not say God so loved the elect.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

"And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake" (Acts 6.10). I think this means they could not win the arguments.

But check out verse 11 and 12. "11 So they persuaded some men to lie about Stephen, saying, 'We heard him blaspheme Moses, and even God.' 12 This roused the people, the elders, and the teachers of religious law. So they arrested Stephen and brought him before the high council."

The very men who could not resist, resisted by persuading others to lie about Steven. So then other people like the teachers of religious law arrested Stephen. Apparently they could not resist either (I'm being facetious). They could not resist arresting Stephen. It's all a charade.

Acts 7.51 Peter says, “You stubborn people! You are heathen at heart and deaf to the truth. Must you forever resist the Holy Spirit? That’s what your ancestors did, and so do you!" Oh my! They can resist after all whence before they could not resist. Case shut and closed! (again, I am being facetious).

"Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" (Heb. 10.29).

He were see resisting the Spirit of grace, but Calvinism teaches irresistible grace.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Calvin taught faith and works till the end for his "preservation of the saints." The speaker said, "If you are adding works to your salvation, you are not saved." And he said, "Some people may think including myself that Calvin was not saved because he was trying to add to salvation works."

Notice Calvin didn't teach "perseverance of the saints" which is so popularly used today as the 5th point of Calvinism. This creates much confusion with Calvin's 5th point. But the bottom line both are false since it is all irresistible.

So Calvinists go around saying looking at our fruits we must be saved in preserving of the saints that God irresistibly makes them do. But actually they can never know if they are saved because who knows if their works are really enough to be included with the Elect irresistibly.

When Paul was testifying he was struggling with his works, he would not be considered a Christian by Calvinist because he was a terrible sinner. Calvinists say we shall know them by their fruits of "persevering of the saints."

The Calvinist can never know he is saved because it is "persevering" works. We can know we are saved. But the Calvinist can't know that because he doesn't have a free will to believe.

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." (1 John 5.13)

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

I am wondering about when you ask a Calvinist when he was saved, he can't give you a straight answer, because he doesn't know if his works are good enough in "persevering of the saints."

Maybe that's why some people can't say when they were born-again because they are Calvinists at heart. They just say they were saved as long as they can remember. They never made a free will choice for the Lord so that's why they don't know when they were born-again.

"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day" (1 Tim. 1.12).

What person who says they hope they are married? The body of Chris is married to the Lord.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

In response to this page, Matt or Matt J. Slick responded from Christian Apologetics Research Ministry <info@carm.org>.

Matt asked, "okay can you tell me exactly which biblical doctrine on violating that send me to hell?"

Certainly. Let's start with...

"God is the Savior of all men, specially those who believe." (1 Tim. 4.10)

However this is interpreted by Calvinists in several ways always breaks down. Any lie eventually breaks down and is harmful to you and others. This is the gospel rejected by Matt. J. Slick that Jesus died for all as Savior of all men. But only those who believe receive that Savior's salvation.

Some Calvinists say Savior of all men as giving them earthly life, but not savingly. Why would you worship a god who allows you to have a good time on earth but not saving to the uttermost whosoever believes?

Calvinists will dance around this verse in several other ways but by dissecting those interpretations makes them all untenable, far reaching and stretched out of context.

Thread Information