Thread: The Bible Says Freewill 17 Times and Whosoever Will 13 Times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

I am wondering about when you ask a Calvinist when he was saved, he can't give you a straight answer, because he doesn't know if his works are good enough in "persevering of the saints."

Maybe that's why some people can't say when they were born-again because they are Calvinists at heart. They just say they were saved as long as they can remember. They never made a free will choice for the Lord so that's why they don't know when they were born-again.

"For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day" (1 Tim. 1.12).

What person who says they hope they are married? The body of Chris is married to the Lord.

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

In response to this page, Matt or Matt J. Slick responded from Christian Apologetics Research Ministry <info@carm.org>.

Matt asked, "okay can you tell me exactly which biblical doctrine on violating that send me to hell?"

Certainly. Let's start with...

"God is the Savior of all men, specially those who believe." (1 Tim. 4.10)

However this is interpreted by Calvinists in several ways always breaks down. Any lie eventually breaks down and is harmful to you and others. This is the gospel rejected by Matt. J. Slick that Jesus died for all as Savior of all men. But only those who believe receive that Savior's salvation.

Some Calvinists say Savior of all men as giving them earthly life, but not savingly. Why would you worship a god who allows you to have a good time on earth but not saving to the uttermost whosoever believes?

Calvinists will dance around this verse in several other ways but by dissecting those interpretations makes them all untenable, far reaching and stretched out of context.

Thread Information