Thread: Why Roman Catholics are Going to Hell

Blog Entries

Default Why Roman Catholics are Going to Hell

Roman Catholics are going to Hell because they believe they can be saved, lose it, get it back, lose it again, and get it back again. God simply never saved them in the first place. A person can only be born-again once just as they can only be born physically once.

http://www.catholicfidelity.com/apol...erse-anlaysis/

Blog Entries

Hi, I just wanted to point out how the Roman Catholic in the link provided is wrong. He wrote...

2 Timothy 2:11-12, "This saying is trustworthy: If we have died with him we shall also live with him; if we persevere we shall also reign with him. But if we deny him he will deny us." In other words, if we do not persevere, we will not reign with Christ. This passage is clear that remaining faithful to the gospel is critical to our salvation. Paul is certainly not telling his readers that they have an absolute assurance of salvation. (http://www.catholicfidelity.com/apol...erse-anlaysis/)

My response. 2 Tim. 2.11-12 is about returning with Christ to reign during the millennial kingdom. But since Roman Catholics believe the 1000 years now they will not understand this. The denying here is not rejecting Jesus Christ but not sacrificing ourselves in life, denying self, bearing our cross daily.

Paul is not saying a person can lose salvation, so salvation is absolutely assured to the person born-again. And think how weird that would be to be born-again, lose it, then get born-again again, etc.

Please don't be offended but the Holy Spirit has told me you are not born-again. To "persevere" is works, but the Bible says salvation is not by works lest anyone should boast. So persevering is related to rewards not to the new birth, i.e. initial salvation. Even the use of the term "faithful" should not be construed as believing in Christ, but it strictly obedience once already saved.

Thread Information