Wilhelm Ritter von Wymetal
1838-1896)
Mormon Portraits I
(SLC: Tribune Printing & Pub., 1886)
http://www.olivercowdery.com/smithhome/1886WWyl.htm
JOSEPH SMITH:

"Nobody knows what the other world will be."

"I have got the damned fools fixed and will carry out the fun."

"The world owes me a good living and if I cannot get it without, I'll steal it and catch me at it if you can."

"We will all go to hell together and convert it into a heaven by casting the Devil out; hell is by no means the place this world of fools supposes it to be, but on the contrary, it is quite an agreeable place."

BRIGHAM YOUNG:

"There is not a bishop in this whole Territory who is not a damned thief."

"We have the meanest devils on the earth in our midst and we intend to keep them, for we have use for them."

"I have many a time dared the world to produce as mean devils as we can; we can beat them at anything. We have the greatest and smoothest liars in the world, the cunningest and most adroit thieves and any other shade of character that you can mention. We can pick out elders in Israel right here who can beat the world at gambling; who can handle the cards; who can cut and shuffle them with the smartest rogue on the face of God's foot-stool. I can produce elders here who can shave their smartest shavers and take their money from them. We can beat the world at any game. We can beat them because we have men here that live in the light of the Lord; that have the holy priesthood and hold the keys of the Kingdom of God."