The Calvinist accuses "God is dependent on man." Why is God dependent on man when it is God's design to give you the free choice to interact with?

The footnote in my Life Application Study Bible for John 15.16 says, "Jesus made the first choice-to love and to die for us, to invite us to live with Him forever. We make the next choice-to accept or reject His offer. Without His choice, we would have no choice to make."

Whosoever believes shall be saved. This is the word to unbelievers. But God’s election—God’s predestination—is the word for believers. It will be unwise, if not a grave error, if the word for believers is spoken to unbelievers. Please note, for instance, that it was to the disciples that the Lord asserted: “Ye did not choose me, but I chose you” (John 15.16). These words should therefore not be told to unbelievers.

Is salvation entirely a matter of man’s will or a matter of God’s will? Actually both wills are involved. Had it not been God’s will to save, no one could be saved. But at the same time God’s will is of no avail if man himself is not willing. God is willing, yet man too must be willing. “How often would I have gathered thy children together”, said the Lord Jesus, “even as a hen gathereth her own brood under her wings, and ye would not!” (Luke 13.34) This is the two sides of God’s truth. Both must be willing; to have only the one side will not be successful. If we wish to know the truth we must not hold on to only one side.