John MacArthur said Arminians don't have the aid of the Holy Spirit. But surly the Holy Spirit is working to draw the Arminian to Christ. The most popular question asked by Calvinists is, Why does someone choose Christ and others do not? Was there something good in you and not in the other? This is a false question, because it presumes determinism is true that there is a cause for our goodness or choice other than our own free choice.Why did Adam or Lucifer choose to rebel? The Calvinist kicks the can down the road because the Calvinist doesn't know why. Why does your lost friend continue to hate and resist God? Because your god first hated and rejected them. The attention on this problem is strictly a problem for the Calvinist system. So Calvinists create another mystery.

What is more likely that man has some participation to play or a god who is the author of evil? The only one of these mysteries the Bible affords is free will. I am better than a Calvinist whether better by choice or better by decree, I am still better, for it is better to accept Christ. The Calvinist could humble himself just like the Arminian does, but the Calvinist chooses not to. A singer can be proud because of a gift received from birth. But why be proud if everyone can freely accept? So Calvinism leaves more room for boasting. God gives grace to the humble. Why? Because God is gracious, not because of any work done.

"Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted" (Matt. 23.12). If the Calvinist waits for God to humble you, he will be too late. “But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word" (Is. 66.2). "All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time" (1 Pet. 5.5,6).