"Before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8.58).

"I and the Father are One" (John 10.30).

"Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father" (John 14.9).

"Father, glorify Me with the glory I had in your presence before the world existed (John 17.5).

Bart Ehrman said, "The gospels are certainly expressions of the faith of the early Christian authors. Matthew, Mark and Luke were writing down their views of Jesus." Even Bart admits Matthew wrote Matthew, Mark wrote Mark, and Luke wrote Luke.

The reason why Bart didn't include John as the author of John is because he claims it is a very late dated text and therefore, was embellished. He claims these more exacting statements Jesus claims to be God are not included in Matthew, Mark and Luke.

He claims the stories of the gospels were told for decades before being written down. But he is wrong. The early creeds go right back to the cross and the Apostles taught the resurrection from the beginning. John was converted when he saw Jesus resurrected. James, the brother of Jesus, converted when he saw Him resurrected.

His main reason for rejecting Jesus claimed to be God is he says the 4 gospels read side by side show discrepancies. But, of course, scholars have answered every alleged discrepancy so there are no discrepancies. They are just different perspectives viewed by John, Mark, Matthew and Luke. We can even grant discrepancies but they do not infringe on the fact Jesus claimed to be God. I believe Bart needs deliverance from his petty self so he can give his life to Christ. One his Bart's criteria for good historicity is corroborating sources. Well, since the gospels are different enough not be considered corroborating, that should be a plus for their authenticity.

A better approach since Bart agrees Paul's writings are earlier than the gospels is to appreciate Paul truly believed he saw Jesus resurrected, and said he spent 15 days with Peter, and James, the brother of Jesus. Years later he spent time with John, and again with Peter and James. That's where the resurrection story comes from, from the original Apostles that not only Paul knew personally, but so did Clement of Rome and Polycarp, for they said so. In recounting the gospel and early creeds takes us right back to the cross.