Thread: Primitive Corruption of the NT?

Blog Entries

Default Primitive Corruption of the NT?

We have 12 manuscripts within the first 100 years after the writing of the NT; all are fragmentary but grand total they represent a majority of the books of the NT and about 4/10ths of the text.

There are more than 120 within the first 300 years.

Blog Entries

James White is a great historian for Christendom (not everyone in Christendom is saved) so learn from him on many points, but never forget he is a Calvinist so he is going to Hell since he refuses to repent and believe in Christ to be regenerated. He will always reject the God who died on the cross for the sins of the whole world. "God is the Savior of all men, specially those who believe" (1 Tim. 4.10). This is a good lesson that Christians can learn from heathens and those who worship a false Christ, but you must parse out the truth from their ultimate deceptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-4HGcksXiY

I believe when Bart Ehrman changed his mind (since he said he use to believe the textual criticism of White and others) there was a reason he changed his mind. That reason was money. He learned how to make money being antichrist.

The most important thing to remember is Bart Ehrman holds a standard for the transmission of the text higher than for any other text in antiquity. This higher standard is really a lower standard, because it is unrealistic. He is asking God to be unrealistic in the transmission of the text. Furthermore, Bart himself doesn't provide a better mechanism from which to transmit the original text of the NT. This to me is dishonest and disingenuous.

Blog Entries

Dying by the grace of God and apart from God is the same thing, for the latter has the power to save by the grace of God. How can someone as lowly as me understand this and Ehrman cannot? His heart is not in the right place; he's not being reasonable. Whether the word is grace or apart it makes no difference, for it would not change the meaning of the book of Hebrews. Ehrman is such a dullard.

Isn't that amazing! Bart Ehrman is going to Hell because he rejects Christ, but his lame excuse for rejecting Christ is he requires better transmission from the originals even though that is unreasonable and unrealistic in a natural world where humans are not robots. The transmission of the Scriptures is already better than anything else from antiquity so the highest standard is already met. That's a mistaken assumption made up (requiring better transmission) to show his disobedience and independency to God which is the ultimate reason why someone goes to Hell. He wants to be eternally separated from his creation.

Bart Ehrman is a bad guy! You can even see it in the twitch in his mouth occasionally. It's the twist of someone knowing in their conscience he rejects the Savior and fights like hell to rationalize himself for doing so.

Blog Entries

I don't know why Bart Ehrman hates Jesus so much other than to say he doesn't like God's redemptive design. He prefers to exalt himself and is selfishly self-centered. He takes pride in himself and is in essence erecting himself above God. I do know his reasoning on the surface that he gives is lame. That is to say, he demands perfect copies of the Bible in order to consider them inspirational. This is, of course, totally unrealistic and unreasonable for that is not how humans operate and we are not robots. We are not sinless beings. But what we do have in copies is better preserved to the original than for anything else in antiquity so that should alone suffice. That being said, you can put aside all periphery issues, and focus on the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles seeing Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings. No naturalistic explanation exists so it is true, Jesus resurrected Himself and He is God. Praise the Lord!

Blog Entries

The transmission from the originals of the NT is better preserved than for anything in antiquity so in a natural world where humans are mistake prone that is the best inspiration can achieve realistically. To require better than this debases our human condition of what and who we truly are. It makes us like robots and lessens our free will. God seems to enjoy our participation in His affairs. God works with us in inspiration in spite of our short comings. I prefer this God than the one Bart produces because the God of the Bible is more realistic and reasonable. I would prefer an eternity with this God than the one Bart would propose. What if there was a word God preferred between anger and compassion because an anger element is involved since Jesus had to remain out of the city? And what if apart and grace are two sides of the same coin since the atonement required the Father to turn from Jesus for Jesus to pay the penalty for us? It does not change materially Hebrews and Luke. May I be frank. I think Bart is a dullard. He has found his niche money making scheme being the foremost antichrist negative textual critic on the planet. But to me he is just a dullard who is going to Hell.

Blog Entries

The way to solve inerrancy is simply to say all that which was transmitted accurately from the original is inherent so it is like a jigsaw puzzled that has 120 pieces but only needs 100. Nothing was lost that God intended not to be lost.

Thread Information