Quote Originally Posted by JediMormon
]The Bible says we are all children of God. Jesus Christ is different in that God the Father is literally the father of Jesus, having been conceived by the Holy Ghost, as the bible says. Jesus states that "my father is greater than I" (John 14:28) which obviously makes Jesus and his Father two separate and distinct beings. Jesus prayed to his father on occasion. I seriously doubt that Jesus was talking to himself.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say everyone is a child of God. "Among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature CHILDREN OF WRATH, like the rest of mankind" (Eph. 2.3). Since you are a Mormon and not a Christian you are a "child of wrath."

"It is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the CHILDREN OF PROMISE who are regarded as Abraham's offspring" (Rom. 9.8).

The 3 Persons in the Trinity agreed the 2nd Person would atone for sins and do the perfect will of the Father so Jesus can say His father is greater than Him for the purposes of creation. This is to show us perfect obedience unto the Father so we can be Christlike.

Only the uncreated Creator is perfectly sinless so since all 3 Persons of the Godhead existed before time and space that's why Jesus says I AM and the Father is I AM, and Phil. 2 says Jesus is "equal with God" (v.5). There is only one I AM. Hence, the Trinity. Christians don't believe Jesus was praying to Himself but was praying to the 1st Person in the Godhead. You're confusing Modalism with Trinitarianism. This shows you lack understanding of our conversation.

God the Father is spirit, not a physical being. "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth" (John 4.24). Nobody can ever see the Father. So if the Father was a physical being as you say then that contradicts the Scriptures.