Shawn & Slick are Wackos

Slick and Shawn argue over some guy on a remote island who never heard the gospel before. Slick said he would not be saved. Shawn said he could be saved. Both don't understand how they are wrong in their understanding. Slick is wrong because he denies general revelation can lead a person to accept Jesus is I AM. In other words, if a person accepts the God of the mountains and stars, surely he would accept Jesus when given the gospel. Thus, God saves that person. Slick quotes several verses to try to support his irresistibly imposed salvation and preterition, but none of those verses say that. God is the giver of all things is the actual interpretation.

Shawn said there as no Bible for 250 years. Of course he is wrong since all the books of the NT were completed in the 1st century, and the OT was available too. It was not mass produced, but copies increased over time and more got their hands on it. These things take time. I would not use the argument that there is no Bible available for 250 years. Though not everyone had a Bible at least people could hear what the word of God said from the Apostles, Elders, Evangelists, Prophets, Deacons, and Shepherds/Teachers (Eph. 4.11).

Slick said during the early Church "people in Australia are going to Hell" because they never heard the gospel. Slick is wrong because general revelation leads to special revelation of the gospel. Slick contradicts his own Calvinism because he said, "get the word out and preach it to everyone". Why would you need to do that if everyone is irresistibly selected or preterioned anyhow? It makes delivering the gospel a charade. In response Shawn rightly said "what we are really talking about is Matt's Calvinism".

Shawn is so confused. He said, "How do we know whether Jesus had wings or not?" If you have to ask that question, you're hopeless. Some things are figurative, others are literal. Where did it ever say in the Bible Jesus had wings? Surely if Jesus had wings, it would have been pointed out. Jesus came in our likeness. Do humans have wings? No. Shawn is surprisingly daft sometimes.

They argued over the snake in the Garden. According to my study Satan was not in the serpent, but it was some demonic spirit in the serpent that tempted Adam and Eve. What happened was when the firmament was split, day 2 the only day not called a good day, unavoidably up came some of those demons that were cast into the deep in Gen. 1.2. One of them was allowed into the Garden to tempt Adam and Eve.

They both state that you can be a Christian yet reject the 66 books of the Bible, add to them, or take away from them. Wow! Coocoo. The Holy Spirit says if you reject the 66 books of the Bible are the complete word of God, no more, no less, then you're showing you are not a Christian (Rev. 22.18,19).

Slick said Jesus was baptized at age 30, but my study tells me that Jesus was baptized at 33, was born 6 BC, and died when He was 37. Slick believes in infant baptism even though it is not found in the Bible. Baptism is after being saved experiencing dying to the world and coming up out of the water with Christ as a sojourner. Slick said Jesus was sprinkled by water, but Matthew 3.16 says, "As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water." It does not say He came up out of sprinkling. Funny.