"...tell us what will occur in the days ahead. Then we will know you are gods.... But no! You are less than nothing and can do nothing at all. Those who choose you pollute themselves" (Is. 41.23,24). Clearly God is mocking the idea that they are gods so I would not rely on this verse for your cult to claim there are gods or you will become a god. That's very shaky and shady.

"I say, You are gods; you are all children of the Most High. But you will die like mere mortals and fall like every other ruler" (Ps. 82.6,7). Such borrowing of the word "gods" can only be for the purpose of opposing false religions. They face death because of their unjust verdicts, showing conclusively that they are human and not divine beings. The word translated "gods" (elohim) in Ps. 82.6 is translated "judges" in Ex. 21.6 and 22.8.

"And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God's message were called 'gods,' why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world" (John 10.35,36). This is an argument "from the lesser to the greater."

In conclusion, there are no gods, they are just worthless idols. Your idolatry is to claim you are a god or will become a god. Pride and self is at the center of this false claim. No Christian would believe they are a god or will become gods.

Speaking to Mormons, Do you really want your aberrant view of these few verses to be the foundation out of which your cult is built?

There are no gods and God does not contradict Himself when He said, "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any" (Is. 44.6,8).