Thread: The D&C of Mormonism Condones Polygamy

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default The D&C of Mormonism Condones Polygamy

In Mormonism, David and Solomon's polygamy was justified before God. Their wives were gifts from God and that "in none of these things did he (David) sin against me save in the case of Uriah and his wife" (D&C 132:38). Mormons have a very loose sense of the word "sin".

"David also received many wives and concubines, and also Solomon and Moses my servants, as also many others of my servants, from the beginning of creation until this time; and in nothing did they sin save in those things which they received not of me" (D&C 132:38).

"I, the Lord, ... justified David and Solomon, my servants, as touching the principle of their having many wives and concubines" (D&C 132:1).

Church of
    Sherwood Park
    Blog Entries

Default Mainstream Mormons Have a Proviso that in Some Cases Polygamy is Allowed by their God

Reasons for polygamy

As early as the publication of the Book of Mormon in 1830, Latter Day Saint doctrine maintained that polygamy was allowable only if it was commanded by God. The Book of Jacob condemned polygamy as adultery,[56] but left open the proviso that "For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise, they shall hearken unto these things."[57] Thus, the LDS Church today teaches that plural marriage can only be practiced when specifically authorized by God. According to this view, the 1890 Manifesto and Second Manifesto rescinded God's prior authorization given to Joseph Smith.

"For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things" (Jacob 2:30).

However, Bruce R. McConkie controversially stated in his 1958 book, Mormon Doctrine, that God will "obviously" re-institute the practice of polygamy after the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.[58] This echoes earlier teachings by Brigham Young that the primary purpose of polygamy was to bring about the Millennium.[59] Current official church materials do not make any mention of the future re-institution of plural marriage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_polygamy

Blog Entries

Polygamy was never man and woman becoming one, but man and woman and usually another woman or more becoming one.

I only remember Adam and Eve in the Garden, not Adam, Eve and Sally.

“Each man [should] have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband” (1 Cor. 7:2).

How many wives did Adam have in Gen.2:24? One, God did not take two wives out from his side.

Scripture has always commanded monogamy (Ps.128:3; Prov. 5:18; 18:22; 19:14; 31:10-29; Eccl. 9:9).

"He must not take many wives, or his heart will be led astray" (Deut. 17.17).

Going outside of God's will is selfish and sinful.

Adultery is a sin. Adultery is committed when you are married to your spouse and have another partner, whether conjured up as another spouse or not.

The 10th Commandment ‘… You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife [singular] …’ (Exodus 20:17) also presupposes the ideal that there is only one wife. Polygamy is expressly forbidden for church elders (1 Tim. 3:2)

"An overseermust be above reproach, the husband of one wife" (1 Tim. 3.2).

What is true for an overseer must be true for everyone. The first recorded polygamists in the Bible sinned greatly and were murderers like Mormons killed many people who opposed them. They kill not just politicians but others for the purpose of what they call 'Blood Atonement' which they have a very secretive kill list for.

Hosea said, "All of them commit adultery" (7.4). More than one wife is committing adultery against that one wife.

http://creation.com/does-the-bible-c...teach-monogamy

Thread Information