"For I know that God is not a partial God, neither a changeable being; but he is unchangeable from all eternity to all eternity" (Moroni 8:18).

This verse agrees with what the Bible says.

Joseph Smith taught in 1844 in a public sermon, "We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea" (King Follett discourse).

How can both be true?

"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Is. 43.10).

"A Prayer of Moses, the man of God. LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place, our refuge, in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting thou art God" (Ps. 90.1,2).

Joseph Smith said in 1844,

"I wish to declare I have always and in all congregations when I have preached on the subject of the Deity, it has been the plurality of Gods" (Meeting in the Grove, east of the Temple, June 16, 1844.)

"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any" (Is. 44.6,8).

God says He knows not any other gods and Joseph Smith teaches the plurality of gods. Who's right?

"And Zeezrom said unto him: Thou sayest there is a true and living God? And Amulek [prophet] said: Yea, there is a true and living God. Now Zeezrom said: Is there more than one God? And he answered, No" (BofM, Alma 11:26-29).

Joseph Smith said, "It is necessary we should understand the character and being of God and how he came to be so; for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and suppose that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see. and that he was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ himself did. Here then, is eternal life--to know the only wise and true God; and you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 345-47).

How does what Joseph said agree with the Bible? "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Is. 43.10).