Thread: The Law of Conservation of Mass God Created from Out of Himself - Helping Mormons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: http://en.fairmormon.org/Book_of_Mor...Animals/Cattle

That's funny. In response to no cows in the Americas until after Columbus, Mormons say when the word "cow" was used it was really meant to mean buffalo. Funny. A cow is a cow. A buffalo is a buffalo. Whenever you get in a pickle you can't just change the meaning of the world. Now you have to distinguish between a cow buffalo and a cow cow? Funny.

And the claim the word "cow" was used in the Americas must be substantiated by someone other than a Mormon.

If there were so many cows as stated in in 1 Neph. 18.25 why are there no skeletal remains anywhere? There should be lots like we do for other animals. I don't think Mormons care about the truth. They only care about rationalizing their flesh come hell or highwater.

Now Mormon scholars, I use that word loosely, admit there was no genetic connection to the Amerindians that can be found because they claim their Lehites, Nephites and other phites were relatively isolated. How can a battle on Cumorah with over a million Lehite descendants not get transmitted in DNA with Amerindians? Funny.

By the way why are Mormon terms so subliminal? For example cum sounds like part of the word Cumorah. Black laminites sound lame.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hickenbotham
    Backsliding only comes up in the Old Testament books of Jeremiah (12) and Hosea (3). It’s never used in my KJV New Testament. There is no definition and it always refers groups of people, never individuals.

· Jeremiah 3:22

22 Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the Lord our God.

· Hosea 4:16

16 For Israel slideth back as a backsliding heifer: now the Lord will feed them as a lamb in a large place.

· Jeremiah 3:11

11 And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.

· Hosea 11:7

7 And my people are bent to backsliding from me: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him.

· Jeremiah 49:4

4 Wherefore gloriest thou in the valleys, thy flowing valley, O backsliding daughter? that trusted in her treasures, saying, Who shall come unto me?

· Jeremiah 8:5

5 Why then is this people of Jerusalem slidden back by a perpetual backsliding? they hold fast deceit, they refuse to return.

· Hosea 14:4

4 ¶I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

· Jeremiah 3:6

6 ¶The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.

· Jeremiah 3:8

8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

· Jeremiah 3:14

14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

· Jeremiah 31:22

22 ¶How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

· Jeremiah 14:7

7 ¶O Lord, though our iniquities testify against us, do thou it for thy name’s sake: for our backslidings are many; we have sinned against thee.

· Jeremiah 5:6

6 Wherefore a lion out of the forest shall slay them, and a wolf of the evenings shall spoil them, a leopard shall watch over their cities: every one that goeth out thence shall be torn in pieces: because their transgressions are many, and their backslidings are increased.

· Jeremiah 2:19

19 Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord God of hosts.
    •Galatians 5:4 indicates that it is possible for Christians to fall from grace if the rely on the law of Moses and not Christ:

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

· Our Doctrine and Covenants 20:32 indicates it is possible for the elect to fall from grace:

32 But there is a possibility that man may fall from grace and depart from the living God;

There is also no verse that contrasts backsliding with falling from grace because backsliding is about groups of people in the Old Testament when the Law of Moses was in effect. Would you say Judas Iscariot fell from grace or was he just a backslider? Why was he chosen as an apostle if he wasn’t worthy. Was he once saved? What about all the Christians in the churches mentioned in Revelation who fell into sin. Were they just backsliders?

I think your personal view of “once saved always saved” ignores many New Testament scriptures that indicate individuals can fall from grace: 1 Cor. 9:27; 10:12; 2 Cor. 6:1; Gal. 5:1-6; 6:9; Phil. 2:12; 1 Tim. 1:18-19; 4:1; 5:12; Heb. 3:12-14; 4:10-11; 6:4-6; 10:26-29, 39; 12:15; 2 Pet. 2:1-2, 20-21; 3:17; 1 Jn. 5:16; 2 Jn. 8-9; Rev. 2:5; 3:5. It is a dangerous delusion that Protestant Christians can’t even agree on. See: http://www.anointedlinks.com/once_saved.html

It is a Calvinist doctrine and is just as wrong as the rest of Calvinist’s five points. Just look up TULIP vs.DAISY or Arminianism vs Calvinism on the Internet. Or google “Once Saved, Always Saved? Calvinism Refuted” If Protestant scholars can’t agree on such doctrines and modern revelation contradicts it, why do you think you have the truth? Trust me, you don’t.

I’m going out of town today so don’t bother responding to this. May the Lord bless you in your search for truth.

Michael Hickenbotham
    Think about how strange your premise is that there is no backsliding. If there is no backsliding then all believers will never commit a sin or be selfish ever again. Yet, the Bible is constantly warning us not to backslide, e.g. [Rev 2:4-5 NKJV] 4 "Nevertheless I have [this] against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place--unless you repent."

You have not distinguished between two types of OSAS. Yes, of course, there is the Calvinist OSAS of being irresistibly selected, but Calvinists are not Christians since God doesn't irresistibly impose salvation on anyone. But there is Biblical OSAS in which a person gives their life not to any Jesus but the Jesus who always keeps. This is the type of humility God wants from us to save us, not your faith which says you can be saved, lose it, get it back, lose it again, etc. He simply doesn't save you to begin with in that delusion.

I'll take one of the verses you gave, the first one, 1 Cor. 9.27 to show you how you misread the Bible. "But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified" (1 Cor. 9.27).

Disqualified here is not losing salvation but losing the reward of reigning with Christ in the millennial kingdom. You misapply the temporary millennial reign with eternity future. Remember, when Jesus returns, He returns to reign on earth for 1000 years before the New City and New Earth commence in eternity future. Praise God!

Thread Information