Thread: Accepting the Triune God

Blog Entries

Default Accepting the Triune God

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker staats
    God did not say He created the entire universe. He said He created all things seen and unseen in the earth and in this heaven. You creedal Christians have some very bad Bible reading comprehension problems starting at Genesis 1:26. -Ancient peoples were taught according to what they could possibly understand and what the 'universe' to them was what they saw in the night sky and on/in this earth. this solar system and pinholes they saw in a black one dimensional sky......... This galaxy.-You trinny's need to up your spiritual and rational IQ and realize that if only one PERSON created an infinitive universe in all directions at once...... that would have left Him with no place to be prior and nothing to create with. -You speak of the Godhead as three eternal individuals yet you have no clue of their real nature or unity yet deny what the Bible and LDS teach. Your first mistake is the Bible does not teach God the Father is Spirit ONLY.
    "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen. 1.1). Period. Going beyond that is exciting your flesh. Humility is needed. The plural Elohim in Gen. 1.26 can refer to God being magisterial or the Trinity, but it cannot refer to multiple gods, for the Bible says there are no gods, they are just idols, imaginations in man's mind. Mormons are more polytheistic than even Hindus. "The gods of other nations are mere idols, but the LORD made the heavens!" (Ps. 96.5) "Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me" (Is. 43.10). God has no place of being, for He exists outside of time. He creates space. Can your god do that? He brought time and space into being. God "who alone" (1 Tim. 6.16) was "from everlasting" (Neh. 9.5). You're trying to bring God down to your level by placing him in the natural realm, but He is beyond that, transcendent.

The Bible is strictly Trinitarian. LDS are going to Hell because they reject the uncreated Creator. The Persons of the Godhead are not 3 individuals, so you misunderstand that; mere human conception is lacking. The Godhead is 3 Persons (this is a spiritual term), One Being, of One Substance, Distinct, but not separate. It helps polytheists such as yourself with this analogy. On a piece of paper draw a stick figure and pretend his world is this 2 dimensional plane of paper. Intersect the paper with a 3 dimensional cube with a different color for each side. To the stick figured creature, he might see a line or just a square and a color. Turn the cube around, and the stick figure might see triangle form and change into another square with a different color. He could never see the depth or the whole cube ever. It's impossible. He does not have that ability. Only God can see this. God is spirit, no man can see spirit. But what God does is give you a glimpse to the extent you can see His 3 sides: 3 Persons: and in creation: Father, Son, Spirit. God is spirit only. "No man hath seen God at any time" (John 1.18). The 3 Persons of the Godhead agreed the 2nd Person would be manifest, enter His creation, atone for sins, show perfect obedience to the Father, and keep the law perfectly as only God can do.

I fellowship in my spirit, but I nor anyone else can see my spirit. I can't see your spirit. No man knows the spirit of another human being. You can't see my spirit. Likewise you can't see God's Spirit or God the Father of spirit, for the spirit is invisible. "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen" (1 Tim. 1.17). Therefore, realize if you make God once was a man and now is an exalted God-man, you are worshiping a false god. "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" (Numb. 23.19). This is the pride of the fall to be like God, accepting the serpent's suggestion. "I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High" (Is. 14.14).

In order for you to be saved, receive eternal life, you will have to accept the Trinity. People who are saved who have not thought of the Trinity naturally come to accept the Trinity, but someone who at the start who rejects the Trinity must repent of rejecting the Trinity before they can receive the new birth and become a new creation of

Blog Entries

truthseeker staats,

Jesus said if you have seen Him you have seen the Father for they are one Being.

Phil. 2 teaches Jesus is equal with the Father. Thus if Jesus created all things and we know God the Father is the Creator they have to be one being. There are not two Creators.

To put you to the test, ask yourself how you would accept the Trinity because you don't present words better than the Bible does to support the Trinity. That makes your beliefs unfalsifiable which therefore can't be tested and is just assumed.

The Pharisees were attempting to kill Jesus for forgiving sins because only God the Father can forgive sins. Jesus did not correct them. But since Jesus is not the Father and must still be God, hence, the Trinity must be true.

You said Mormons "worship the Father, His Son and the Holy Ghost. They are one," but then you reject the one being of the Godhead of Father, Son, Spirit. The Bible says be "not doubletongued" (1 Tim. 3.8).

You really need to see this. It shows how Joseph Smith was a pre-mediated con artist. It is invaluable proof he is going to Hell with you.

http://biblocality.com/forums/showthread.php?6058-Joseph-Smith-Premeditated-Deception-Nephi-3-20-23-26-Acts-3-22-26-Deut-18-15-18-19&p=12500#post12500

Thread Information