Richard Russell – The Greatest And Most Destructive Of All Bear Markets Is Coming, Gold, The Great Unwind And A Critical Lesson

As people continue to digest breaking news out of Greece and around the world,
the Godfather of newsletter writers, 90-year-old Richard Russell, warned that the greatest and most destructive of all bear markets is coming, and he also discussed gold, the great unwind and a lesson from Genesis.

The Great Ron Paul Always Tells It Like It Is

Richard Russell: "Twelve-term congressman Ron Paul tells this story: "I once rode alongside President Reagan on his helicopter, and the subject of what was happening to our money came up. 'Ron,' the president told me, 'No great nation that abandoned the gold standard has remained a great nation.'"

Ron Paul also talked about a conversation with Alan Greenspan. "He told me he still stands by his original thesis, which was published decades ago. He wrote, 'In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings, and confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value.'"

Today, with the US having left the gold standard, the Federal Reserve is attempting to print us back to prosperity. As trillions of new fiat dollars are created, the purchasing power of the dollar is being destroyed.

Important Lesson From The Book Of Genesis

For thousands and thousands of years, governments have sought to bring back prosperity by creating more money. This idea was even written about in the Bible. From Genesis 47:15, “So when the money failed in the land of Egypt and the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came to Joseph and said, ‘Give us bread, for why should we die in your presence? For the money has failed.’”

…………………………………

After six years of creating an ocean of fiat money, it’s incredible, but now we learn that the US economy is again near recession. The Fed is intent on raising rates, but raising rates in a weak economy would almost guarantee trouble.

Thus the fed has backed itself into a corner. They misjudged the healthy instincts of the American people: the retail public has turned to saving and getting rid of debt. Meanwhile, stock valuations are part of the reality. What I’m afraid of, or what I foresee, is a huge crash followed by a relentless bear market.

The Fed, with its money machinations, has interfered or interrupted nature’s law. When a bull market runs to overvaluation, history tells us a primary bear market lurks just around the corner.

As I see it, the stock market is skating on thin ice. A rise in interest rates, set off by the Fed, could break the ice and send the stock market on its long-delayed bear market.

The Correction Of These Historic Excesses Could Take 40 Years

The bear market will arrive to correct the inflation and leveraging that has occurred since the end of WWII. This correcting process could easily endure for 40 years or longer. During that time, many people will become desperate and discouraged.

The greatest enemy of mankind is fear. To be forewarned is a great aid in fighting fear. This is the reason that I’m talking about the coming bear market. Identifying the beginning of the bear market is not the problem. The real problem is what to do when the bear market arrives. My future sites will address this problem.

The Mother Of All Bear Markets Is Coming

My first suggestion is to keep the concept of a bear market in mind. The only thing worse than fear is sudden and unexpected fear. “Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst,” is an ancient adage and one worth keeping in mind. My secret expected scenario for the market is for the averages to rise for a bit, turning everybody optimistic, followed by the mother of all bear markets.