Thread: Make Straight His Path for Jesus our God

Blog Entries

Default Make Straight His Path for Jesus our God

"The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord [Jesus], make his paths straight" (Mark 1.3).

"The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD [Jehovah 'the existing one' or 'the one true God'], make straight in the desert a highway for our God" (Is. 40.3).

Try this...

"Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath" (Mark 2.28). God Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath.

And this...

[Mar 4:37-39 NLT] 37 But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. 38 Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, "Teacher, don't you care that we're going to drown?" 39 When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm.

[Psa 107:25-29 NLT] 25 He spoke, and the winds rose, stirring up the waves. 26 Their ships were tossed to the heavens and plunged again to the depths; the sailors cringed in terror. 27 They reeled and staggered like drunkards and were at their wits' end. 28 "LORD, help!" they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. 29 He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves.

What a great point! In Islam God is not love because there is nobody to love before creation. Love is contingent on creating to love His creation. But in Christianity since God is 3 Persons there is that love between the 3 Persons of the Trinity even before creation.

Blog Entries

I disagree with the point made around the 50 minute mark that some scholar said that a Quaternity is just as feasible as the Trinity if one bases one's arguments on after-the-fact reasons. But I disagree. God the Son enters his creation so that is the 2nd Person. God the Father is not seen. And God the Spirit indwells people who are born-again. It wouldn't make sense for there to be two Sons since one Son is enough. Should I say to myself the two Christs live in me by the Holy Spirit? That makes no sense. It wouldn't make sense for me to have two spirits for one Holy Spirit is enough. And there can only be one Father above of the Son. Where have you ever heard of a Son having two Fathers? If you say there are two Fathers then why would that be so, and which of these two Sons belongs to which of the two Fathers? Do you see adding unnecessary confusion is unnecessary?

Blog Entries

Did God the Son walk in the Garden?

"And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden" (Gen. 3.8).

Jacob saw Jesus and did no die when he saw Him face to face.

[Gen 32:28-30 KJV] 28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. 29 And Jacob asked [him], and said, Tell [me], I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore [is] it [that] thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. 30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

God incarnates such as in the burning bush to Moses or goes ahead of Israel in the pillar of fire and smoke.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth" (Ex. 20.4).

Jesus was none of these.

Blog Entries

[Isa 48:12 -16 KJV] 12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I [am] he; I [am] the first, I also [am] the last. 13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: [when] I call unto them, they stand up together. 14 All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these [things]? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm [shall be on] the Chaldeans. 15 I, [even] I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. 16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there [am] I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

The first and the last created the universe. Jesus was in the beginning. God the Father and God the Spirit sent God the Son.

Thread Information