Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
Perseverance is conditional upon the continued endurance in the race of life set before us. In other words, perseverance is conditional in that it is based upon the commitment of the believer. If the believer decides to fall away due to temptation (as did one of the soils in Luke 8 ), then that person has forfeited their inheritance in Christ (i.e., eternal life). Basically they are just cherry picking what they like even if they are logically inconsistent. Of course since I am not Arminian, it is not like I care either way. But guess you could say that I am closer to OSAS Arminian than I am to Arminian in the sense that I refuse both of the extremes of Calvinism and Arminianism and find a different logical solution to the questions involved.
Arminians don't believe in "perseverance of the saints" so it would be inappropriate to use this phrase to describe them. That is Calvinism terminology. At face value one would read "preserving" as relying one's strength to keep oneself saved, but what Calvinists really mean is they are irresistibly persevering. Whereas Christians, i.e. Arminians all whom are OSAS, believe in "preservation of the saints." We are preserved because we gave our lives to the God who keeps. Mitchell admits he has not given his life to this God of the Bible. Luke 8 does not have a believer falling away. All Arminians are OSAS as Arminius said never once did he ever teach a person could lose salvation once saved, so it is important Mitchell stop sinning bearing false witness against him. That would be wrong. Mitchell is really a Remonstrant like all Roman Catholics claiming they can lose salvation, but this is an admittance he refuses to give his life to the God who keeps, and so this proves Mitchell is going to Hell since he relies not on Christ but his self-strength.