I watched the first episode of the new 2014 tv series The Leftovers in which 2% of the population on the planet vanish. The show then picks up 3 years after the rapture, and everyone on the show has a hard edge to them since they don't believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. It's even more telling that after this event they are oblivious to the word of God though some try to make sense of it through Scripture in strange ways yet still not believing Jesus is God.

What I thought most striking were this cult of people who wear just white robes, and in pairs of two stand quietly in front of others in judgment, e.g. they may stand outside a person's home all night. And weirdly enough they are smokers; they say they smoke to proclaim their faith. My initial thought to that was their flesh could rationalize anything; after all they think they are the ones given white robes as "righteousness of the saints." When they hold up a sign that says "Don't Waste Your Breath" what they are really saying is God has judged and it is too late now to be saved so toke up since you have been permanently judged. That would be the teaching of Calvinism which, of course, is a lie. But God is merciful and gives you every opportunity to be saved before they leave their bodies of flesh and blood.

This tv series twists the meaning of the "white robes" of the 5th Seal in Revelation. In the show, the members of this cult of white robes never speak as though their voices have been slain. They stand in judgment of others without saying a word.

"And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled" (Rev. 6.9-11).

The actual intent of this passage is that those who are Christians and were martyred in the past 20 centuries will be raptured "before the throne" (7.9) in 3rd heaven along with overcomers raptured alive before the 1st trumpet (8.7) of the Tribulation. These white robes are the "righteousness of the saints" well deserving of the first rapture that is according to readiness.

I believe Satan is trying to hard to twist God's word. This movie is teaching a Pretrib onlyism rapture view rather than the Partial Rapture view (Matt. 24.40-42, Luke 21.36, Rev. 3.10) in which there is a condition for first rapture, not simply for being saved.

And how evil that would be to disallow anyone from being saved to be able to give their lives to Christ during the Tribulation and without the Holy Spirit as the pretribber onlyists teach!

During this first episode there is an initial 3 year grace period after the rapture. What is to follow I am sure will give the Antichrist much leverage to control the world. The title of the TV series is inappropriate because Christians who were not ready to be received who pass through the Tribulation should not be considered as leftovers. All Christians overcometh, but not all Christians overcome at the same time, so a great many believers will pass through the time of testing to be received up not at the first rapture but at the 7th or "last trump" (1 Cor. 15.50-52; 1 Thess. 4.14-18). There is still time even to overcometh once-saved by keeping the conduct of Matt. 5-7 or even as martyrs for Christ during the 7 year Tribulation, Daniel's final seven.

It is estimated that only 1/7th of Christians alive at the first rapture will be taken and not left at the first rapture, because only 1 of the 7 churches in Rev. 2 & 3 was told to keep what they had already attained which was in brotherly love.

This tv series gives a really strange vibe as though the people left try to behave humbly but a constant rage is always brewing within them. There is a dead spirit among everyone left. They seem lifeless almost like zombies carrying on their daily lives. We find them rationalizing and blaming those who have been taken as not being any better than they are. They still don't understand that salvation is not by works lest anyone should boast. They even cite many bad things that the saved have done so they are not any better than those who are left.

If I had a dime for every time I tried to explain to people who are not saved that their works can't save them...

Interestingly, there is still some children left. The news broadcast says 1 in 50 people were taken. How cannot all children be taken since they haven't reached the age of accountability yet? I suppose someone children are of the age of accountability and that it depends on the maturity of the person specifically.

Oct. 14 is when the tv series places the rapture which is usually around Feast of Tabernacles, but Feast of Tabernacles represents the end of the Tribulation when Jesus returns to tabernacle among men when He steps down on the mount of olives (Zech. 14.4, Acts 1.11, Rev. 1.7). The show should have placed the rapture around Feast of Trumpets usually in September or early October and 15 days before Tabernacles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_...2.80.932030.29

Another strange aspect is all the dogs in the town have gone violent or unholy so one character in the show is driving around trying to kill the dogs.

"For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog" (Ps. 22.16,20).