Thread: The Leftovers (2014) TV Series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Really what would it be like in a world of basically just atheists after the rapture? This show shows how decrepit they are as there is no Christians to stand between them. If you introduce the idea of other religions as well though still no Christians you have the same problem. It's not a world you want to be in.

Episode 9 - this episode is making it ever more clear those who were not taken in the rapture have no hope, they are going to Hell, so if they commit suicide it doesn't matter, they are still going to Hell. Of course that's not what the Bible teaches about salvation. The Bible teaches even to your last dying breath you still have the opportunity accept Christ as your Savior and receive what He did on the cross for the salvation of sinners.

The cult of white shirts is a suicide cult. We learn this in this episode. One by one they are killing each other off. This show is getting crazier and crazier!

Mistaken assumptions are deadly. Satan plants a seed, a false idea, and it takes hold in their lives.

Blog Entries

Job Proclaims God’s Righteous Judgments
    God Knows Men’s Ways (Job 23 NASB)

After Kevin Garvey, the police chief, said he didn't believe in the Bible, he read this passage.
    ​ ​
    8 “But if I go to the east, he is not there;if I go to the west, I do not find him.
    9 When he is at work in the north, I do not see him;
    when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.
    10 But he knows the way that I take;
    when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
    11 My feet have closely followed his steps;
    I have kept to his way without turning aside.
    12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips;
    I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
    13 “But he stands alone, and who can oppose him?
    He does whatever he pleases.
    14 He carries out his decree against me,
    and many such plans he still has in store.
    15 That is why I am terrified before him;
    when I think of all this, I fear him.
    16 God has made my heart faint;
    the Almighty has terrified me.
    17 Yet I am not silenced by the darkness,
    by the thick darkness that covers my face.

Questioning why he was not taken in the rapture, it seems obvious, he did not accept what Jesus did on the cross.

But more than that, those who were saved, not everyone of them was taken, because the first rapture is a matter of readiness (Matt. 24.40-42, Luke 21.36, Rev. 3.10), not only being born-again.

The latter does not play out in the tv series so the show is misrepresenting the Scriptures since first rapture is according to readiness.

I am not sure if the minister in the show was a minister before the rapture or after, but if it was before then he could be considered a "nominal Christian" that is, a false one.

Blog Entries

In season 3, episode 5, the argument made by the man claiming to be God on the Ferry to Melbourne said Jesus had a twin brother and that Mary lied about Jesus being the Son of God. There is only a few days left to the end of the 7 year Tribulation. Kevin Garvey who keeps coming back to life after he dies, people are starting to believe he is the return of Jesus. As the Bible teaches a man claiming to be God will inhabit the 3rd Temple. There would be many false Christs. Everything has the purpose of leading people away from the atonement Jesus dying on the cross for the sins of the world and that Jesus is God the Son, 2nd Person of the Trinity. You can easily disprove what is false. For example, in the Bible nobody can ever see the Father, so this guy in the wheelchair claiming to be God and saving people with the snap of his fingers is obviously false because he is seen by everyone. So much plagiarizing of the Bible only to twist it. I guess he wasn't God after all since he was eaten by a lion. Crazy show.

Thread Information