Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey Goo is the Greatest RTS Game Ever!

Blog Entries

Default Grey Goo is the Greatest RTS Game Ever!

So much fun!

Blog Entries

Too awesome!

Blog Entries

Alpha game play by the Developer

Blog Entries

So exciting. To be released Jan. 23, 2015.

Blog Entries

Be impressed!

Blog Entries

I have been waiting 5 years for the next C&C, and now that it is finally here, I am beside myself, overjoyed to play Grey Goo at least for the next 5 years, maybe even 10, even though there will be other RTS games that come along (but I won't be interested in them). None will satisfy me as much as GG. You know those times when you don't feel like doing anything else and just feel like having a ladder match to round out the day? When you're done you're left wtih the good feeling of a hard fought battle and close with the humble words "good game." Nothing quite satisfies that desire than Grey Goo. I understand GG was designed for the older crowd in their 30s and above, because most 1995 Tiberian Dawn players 20 years ago (1995) are in their 30s and 40s now. We just don't like those cartoony RTS games out there; no need to mention names. I really appreciate the maturity that has gone into Grey Goo. Thank you Westwood for propelling the gaming experience that is the most rewarding for me personally.

The double entendres of Grey Goo -- "Tiny, available and reliable remote command execution for emergency situations."

https://code.google.com/p/greygoo/

Bosco

Blog Entries

The history of the Goo.

Blog Entries

Finished the game in 83 hours. What I took away from all the cut scenes was that we will value life more on our planet if we accept reality there is no life in the universe let alone our galaxy besides us.

I found it interesting the central device of the game is the Aperture (an opening, hole, or gap). Changing the letters around you get Rapture. My nickname is Parture which has several meanings: 1) I believe in the rapture; (2) the first rapture is according to readiness, thus a partial rapture; (3) and people often get stuck in partial truths, half truths and part mistaken assumptions.

Some might even suggest when Jesus was taken up to the cloud (like the overcomers Enoch and Elijah though the latter two were not raptured to Heaven yet whom shall return as the Two Witnesses to die after preaching judgment), He did so through such a device. "For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his" (Rom. 6.5) and a rapture like His. Resurrection and rapture of 'the saved' and the damned 1000 years after need no device. And He will return just as He left (Zech. 14.4, Acts. 1.11, Rev. 1.7). I see no need of such a device either to leave or return, for Jesus created the universe and will return with His overcomers (1/7th of all believers since only 1 of the 7 churches in Rev. 2 & 3 was an overcomer church) to reign over the nations for 1000 years (Jude 14,15; Rev. 2.26,27; 20.4-6) without the need of an aperture. Watch the last scene in this video. Very well done.

A totally satisfying experience, now onto some skirmish, multiplayer and ranked matches of 1v1 and 2v2.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

The origins of the catalyst as it turns out is found right here on earth (discovered on my Bing Desktop daily picture)...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiberium_origins.png 
Views:	479 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	424

Thread Information