Re: TRIberiumX at GreyGoo Forums
http://www.greybox.com/greygoo/en/fo...ic/213/?page=5

Quote Originally Posted by TRIberiumX
Tiberian Twilight would have been good only if you don't have to rank up to unlock units/structures/tech. Cause that's not the typical C&C.
To which I replied...

Traditional was surpassed by TT which took it to the next level. But if you are not at that level you wouldn't understand. That was part of the fun the role playing game element. I loved that aspect of well. I wouldn't expect you to understand, but I know what I liked and like it just like TT was. Hopefully GreyBox and Petroglyph will consider some of its elements.

But it is not fair for Level 1 players to be up against Level 30 players. The tech that you can unlock (hence the units) is certainly more powerful than the lower tier ones. Even in a pro vs pro battle.
That initial level 30 everyone reaches quite quickly. It was a beginning perk of the game enticing everyone to familiarize themselves with the game. It's a credit to the makers of the game that they could make such a fantastic innovative game that TT was. I only hope they could bring it back with Grey Goo.

I think my main point is the reason you couldn't appreciate the dynamics of TT was because you needed to experience it, but you prevented yourself from doing so to the extent you needed to. You never really know something until you know it and allow your environment to bring you to the point of understanding. Get to level 30, play some multiplayer games then you will know.

Eh? So for players who didn't get the game upon release are most definitely on a bad start compared to those who had the game earlier.
Not at all. Everyone quite quickly gets to level 30 and whatever difference was needed to make up with some multiplayer games was reached by matching you with similar players to get you to level 30 quickly and easily.

Everyone I know who got to level 30 and played extensively multiplayer games agreed with me. So this is how I know you just lack the depth of understanding of the dynamics because you bailed on the game which clouds your judgment and biased you with your preconceived notions.

it is going to be an almost impossible battle to get a higher level status,
I must reiterate that you are misrepresenting TT immensely because there was no impediment to getting to level 30 as you suggest whether done in part by single player missions or multiplayer games. It took a couple of days to get to level 30 putting everyone on an even playing field (the 30 levels were for the purpose of integrating yourself into the game and learning about the units so it would not be overwhelming). I would drop your line of thinking if I were you. For you to even make that comment tells me you did not experience the game to the extent you ought to have to make an informed decision. Furthermore, that was not even the really distinguishing factor. What made TT so awesome were the nodes (try to own 3 out of 5 to earn points faster), points goal (e.g. play to 1500), and restoring your MCV (which was very forgiving to players so you were never truly wiped out). That aside, let's focus on Grey Goo now please.

p.s. Since TRIberiumX has privately messaged me that he rejects Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior, of course he is going to Hell to be eternally separated from God. He is being dishonest with himself because he admits he can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles, yet still calls the Apostles and Jesus liars. What does Jesus say in return?

"Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels" (Mark 8.38).

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad" (Matt. 12.30).

And...

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 10.32,33).